• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Venom Lethal Protector #1 (Error??)

12 posts in this topic

I've definitely bought a copy of the red foil cover on ebay before because it looked like the all black cover due to poor lighting in the pictures posted by the seller.

When I was a new boardie, one of the first things I did was buy a stack of red foils and and one by one put them in the oven at differing degrees to see if the red foil would separate like it was rumored to. None of them did even at 80 degrees, the pages always warped long before any of the foil started to separate : /

But it was a fun experiment I have to admit.

Jerome

I've definitely bought a copy of the red foil cover on ebay before because it looked like the all black cover due to poor lighting in the pictures posted by the seller.

When I was a new boardie, one of the first things I did was buy a stack of red foils and and one by one put them in the oven at differing degrees to see if the red foil would separate like it was rumored to. None of them did even at 80 degrees, the pages always warped long before any of the foil started to separate : /

Jerome

80 degrees, or 800?

Jerome

80 degrees, or 800?

80 degrees, that last book I waited almost an hour before the pages just barely curled and the foil was still as good as new.

Jerome

Jerome

80 degrees, or 800?

80 degrees, that last book I waited almost an hour before the pages just barely curled and the foil was still as good as new.

Jerome

OK. It just sounded weird. 80 degrees (fahrenheit) is just taking your comic outside. Why would that do anything? lol

Jerome

80 degrees, or 800?

Jerome

OK. It just sounded weird. 80 degrees (fahrenheit) is just taking your comic outside. Why would that do anything? lol

Well I started at like 400 degrees and in a minute or so the pages curled and no foil loosened up. So I then dropped it to 200 degrees, same thing only in a couple minutes and so on..... until I got down 80 degrees, hoping the long period of time in heat would do something and it didn't.

Jerome