• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JUSTICE LEAGUE ACTION on Cartoon Network (12/16/16)

65 posts in this topic

Danica McKellar joins a growing list of Young Justice alums urging fans to keep binge watching season 2 on Netflix

qxmU01g.jpg

For many DC Comics fans, the epic cliffhanger from Young Justice Season 2 remains as one of the biggest, unresolved storylines in TV history. Recently, Netflix began streaming the second season of the Cartoon Network teen superhero show and naturally, rumors began circulating that Netflix could be interested in producing a third season. It seemed like wishful thinking at first...but then Greg Weisman chimed in. He was followed by voice actor Khary Payton, who also told fans a third season could happen. Weisman and Payton's sentiments were then echoed by Brandon Vietti, who stated they had a lot more material left for the show that he and Weisman would return in a heartbeat. Now, Miss Martian voice actress Danica McKellar has joined the bandwagon, posting the message below.

I didn't even think of asking Dan DiDio since he is engaged to my co-worker's cousin. They go to all the conventions together, which is cool for a couple to be so into their hobby as a career.

DC Comics's Dan DiDio On Whether Young Justice Could Return

During a virtual DC Comics panel earlier today, DC Entertainment Co-Publisher Dan DiDio weighed in on whether fans might have their way and get a third season of the Young Justice TV series.

“On the publishing side, there’s a lot of interest, but I know there’s a lot of exciting initiatives on the animation side," DiDio said during the In-Store Convention Kickoff. "One thing I've learned in my years doing this, nothing ever rests forever. The voice of the people is becoming louder and listened to more often, which is a good thing.”

First Look At Ensemble From JUSTICE LEAGUE ACTION

55VDNUn.jpg

Coming out of the Dallas Comic-Con, we get a first look at the cast of characters making up the new Justice League Action Cartoon Network animated TV series.

Justice League Action marks the return of Kevin Conroy (Batman: The Animated Series), beloved by fans worldwide as one of the most iconic voices of Batman, to a weekly-animated television series. The series will also deliver an all-star lineup of regular and guest cast voices, including Mark Hamill as Joker, James Woods as Lex Luthor, Diedrich Bader as Booster Gold and many more portraying your favorite DC Comics Super Heroes and Super-Villains. Sam Register (Teen Titans Go!) serves as executive producer with Butch Lukic (Justice League, Batman Beyond), Alan Burnett (Batman: The Animated Series) and Jim Krieg (Green Lantern: The Animated Series) serving as producers.

For those that don't know them all...

Blue Beetle, Space Cabbie (!), Dr. Fate, Shazam, Dr. Light, Mr. Terrific, Joker

Swamp Thing, Firestorm, Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter

Big Barda, Jason Blood, Harley Quinn, Hawkman, Lobo, Blaze, Brother Night

Lex Luthor and Booster Gold are also confirmed to be in the show.

I've been waiting for a show like this since JLU ended. 11-minute episodes are short, but I'm psyched anyway. :)

EDIT - I've been told this is just a "small sampling" of all the characters on the show. Awesome!!!

Edited by Chip Cataldo

Promo Art For Cartoon Network's JUSTICE LEAGUE ACTION Adds Some Surprising Heroes To The Team

uQeD0a9.png

It's hard to imagine the classic Justice League Unlimited series being topped, but Cartoon Network will launch a new 11 minute show revolving around this DC Comics superhero team this Fall. While it appears to be aimed at younger fans, the roster should definitely intrigue fans, especially as four very surprising additions have been made today (as you can see from the promo poster below).

Joining Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman will be Green Arrow, Plastic Man, Firestorm, and, er, Space Cabbie. The latter is particularly surprising, but this is a fun and unique mixture for sure.

:whee:

He's not surprising for anyone who saw the leaked image from three weeks ago. You know, the one leaked on the site that's ALSO REPORTING THIS.

They have no clue. Why aren't they reporting on Brother Night, who was also in that image and also an out-of-left-field inclusion? Why, it's because they have no clue. :-)

Edited by Chip Cataldo

While waiting for JUSTICE LEAGUE ACTION, fans can help bring back YOUNG JUSTICE.

Young Justice Showrunner Reveals Exactly What You Can Do for A Season 3

RBITN19.png

What can we do to bring Young Justice back for a third season? Former co-showrunner Greg Weisman was asked exactly that question on a recent podcast, and gave a succinct, yet detailed, answer.

"The big thing was that the budget for the show was paid for by money we received from Mattel in exchange for the toy license," Weisman explained on the podcast. "When the toy line for Young Justice failed, the money from Mattel stopped coming in, and there was no money to make the show. It's that simple."

Weisman noted that Warner Bros. owns the show, but DC Comics owns the characters, and if you show interest to both divisions (both owned by Time Warner), that can help as well. The third thing to do, then, is to buy the in-canon comicbooks that were produced for Young Justice, specifically on digital on comixology or iTunes - those sales go right to DC Comics and lets them know fans want more.

"I don't have any inside information, but it seems that they're at least having conversations. The fact that they're even talking at all means that it's working," Weisman concluded.

Justice League Action Producer Tells Batman: TAS Fans Why They Should Try the New Show

“Now, I’ve made a show I really like about the Justice League,” says executive producer Alan Burnett.

It’s quite the statement from the legendary producer, writer, and animator. Burnett has been working in animation – specifically with DC characters, for a stunning thirty-two years, having written two episodes of SuperFriends in 1984. Since then, he was part of the creative team that launched Batman: The Animated Series, Superman: The Animated Series, Batman Beyond, Static Shock, The Batman, and worked on films Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker, and a staggering 23 more DC movies in just the last seven years (not to mention his comedic adventure work with Scooby-Doo and Tom & Jerry), most of which have featured either Batman or The Justice League.

“Batman: The Animated Series was a little older, and this one is a little younger. It’s an action show with comedy, but the stakes are always serious,” Burnett said of Justice League Action.

“Batman’s always been so serious, to the point that he gets a bit grumpy,” he said with a smile, echoing Kevin Conroy's comments that he plays Batman the same in all the different iterations of the character. “You’ll see the curmudgeon here, when he deals with heroes like Booster Gold, who has all kinds of schemes to get rich, and other characters, too. Superman’s still the stalwart Boy Scout, but he seems sweeter to me in this one. And Wonder Woman comes off as a great warrior, and a lot of fun, thoroughly modern.”

Justice League Action Premiere Date Revealed

The next DC Comics based animated series, Justice League Action, will officially debut on Friday, December 16, 2016 at 6 p.m. ET/PT on Cartoon Network. The new series is focused, as is in the title, on the action aspect of the Justice League's adventures, with 11 minute episodes - two presented in each half-hour timeslot. Don't expect that to mean a comedy show like Teen Titans GO! however; this is definitely an action series.

After the premiere, the series will air on Saturday mornings starting December 24; Cartoon Network did not announce the exact timeslot in their press release.

The first episode of the series, debuting in prime time, is "Shazam Slam," focusing on the magically-powered hero Shazam and his arch-nemesis Black Adam.

:whee: