• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Books that need more love

62 posts in this topic

All of Curt Swan's SA stuff.

Massively under appreciated.

His run on World's Finest and Adventure is simply incredible.

People meh that stuff!!!!!!!

I'd like to submit Adventure Comics #346. Written and drawn by a 14 year old kid named Jim Shooter. Who gets to do that at 14 years old? Not only that, he was allowed to create and introduce 5 new characters (3 heroes and 2 villains) in this book.

g9Gd60s.jpg

I'd like to submit Adventure Comics #346. Written and drawn by a 14 year old kid named Jim Shooter. Who gets to do that at 14 years old? Not only that, he was allowed to create and introduce 5 new characters (3 heroes and 2 villains) in this book.

g9Gd60s.jpg

I second that motion

magazines get no love

The art and stories are far superior to their superhero counterparts.

I'm so curious about Vampirella. I've never read one.

magazines get no love

The art and stories are far superior to their superhero counterparts.

I'm so curious about Vampirella. I've never read one.

There are bound volumes of the series by Dynamite, check it out. (thumbs u

Vampirella 1 to me is the Action 1 of horror mags.

It's not Golden Age!!!!

It's more like the AF 15 of horror

Agreeeed. I got the lone highest grades on some mags recently and was shocked how little high grade copies there are.
The most underappreciated genre of comics is the horror magazine.

A Creepy 1 or Vampirella 1 are so cheap in high grade it's not funny,as is the whole run in high grade.

Alot of them have less than 10-20 graded in any grade let alone high grade.

g9Gd60s.jpg

Here, here! I love this book. Again, full disclosure: I own 2 mid grade copies. Whenever I pull these out of the bins to show them off, my collector friends are indifferent. Again, in addition to being key, it's a great read. Lots of undervalued books within the Legion series.

What about GL#141, the 1st appearance of the Omega Men?

gl141.jpg

There was some speculation that Warner was looking at the Legion as DC’s version of GOTG... but instead, I think the Omega Men fit the bill better.

1. Was highly popular back in the day, so this franchise should have an established fan base.

2. New Omega Men title was recently relaunched.

3. Where the Legion represents the future, the Omega Men is in the present so they could easily fit within the upcoming GL movie... or stand on their own.

4. Could be the vehicle for DC’s cosmic expansion.

5. Plenty of interesting characters gives the franchise legs.

6. Great read!

This book has been slowly rising on eBay but still dirt cheap out in the wild. You may even stumble across these in the cheapy bins and pick them up for under $10. I first discovered the Omega Men as a kid in the pages of the New Teen Titans, which is also worth reading. Wolfman and Perez firing on all cylinders...