• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Books that need more love

62 posts in this topic

I'd like to submit Adventure Comics #346. Written and drawn by a 14 year old kid named Jim Shooter. Who gets to do that at 14 years old? Not only that, he was allowed to create and introduce 5 new characters (3 heroes and 2 villains) in this book.

g9Gd60s.jpg

Here, here! I love this book. Again, full disclosure: I own 2 mid grade copies. Whenever I pull these out of the bins to show them off, my collector friends are indifferent. Again, in addition to being key, it's a great read. Lots of undervalued books within the Legion series.

I'll 4th or 5th this one. (thumbs u

It turns 50 years old this year.

Here's another in the Adventure Comics line that needs more love:

1211380006_1200.jpg

Adventure Comics #283

1st Phantom Zone.

1st General Zod.

It would be a great book just for having Zod (even if we only had the Terrance Stamp version),

but it's also the first Phantom Zone, which is key to the current Supergirl tv-series.

Plus, it's older than AF #15 (which always surprises me when overlooked "household name" first appearance comics are older than Spider-man).

Kneel. Before. Zod.

Of all the Superman related titles DC was putting out in those days, I'd have to say the Legion of Super-Heroes in Adventure Comics was my personal favorite. I always liked how each issue featured a different line-up of all the characters they had to choose from. To a little kid that made if fun and interesting.

Of all the Superman related titles DC was putting out in those days, I'd have to say the Legion of Super-Heroes in Adventure Comics was my personal favorite. I always liked how each issue featured a different line-up of all the characters they had to choose from. To a little kid that made if fun and interesting.

I concur. I have a complete run of Legion of Super-Heroes Archive hardcovers. (thumbs u