• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who's The Most Overrated - Ties 5-8

Tie 5  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Tie 5

19 posts in this topic

Uh, people do realize that Robert Prechter has nothing to do with the comic book industry?? confused-smiley-013.gif

I can't believe that 7 people voted for Frazetta over Prechter anyway (and, no, I was not one of those 7). screwy.gif

Perez's name should disappear with the next round. He just had too much of a legend as competetion.

I am a bit suprised by the Starlin vote, BUT..........if he would quit drawing the same looking characters in the same space/religion soap epic I would have voted for Lee. If the comparison ended with the early 1980s Starlin(metamorphosis odyssey) I would have voted to remove Starlin from the list.

Interesting results this time. I can't believe anyone voted for Frazetta foreheadslap.gif and I am suprised that the Boris/Turner matchup was so close. Turner is WAY overrated in my opinion and in coming years will most likely be relegated to the artistic dungheap. Not sure why people hate on Boris, he did a bunch of great Skywald covers. confused-smiley-013.gif

Uh, people do realize that Robert Prechter has nothing to do with the comic book industry?? confused-smiley-013.gif

blush.gif He was one of several names I didn't know and one of quite a lot I'd never seen anything by. So, who is he?

He is the head of Elliott Wave International and the Socionomics Foundation. I'm not sure he has ever read a comic book in his life, let alone written or drawn one. foreheadslap.gif

blush.gif He was one of several names I didn't know and one of quite a lot I'd never seen anything by. So, who is he?

He is the head of Elliott Wave International and the Socionomics Foundation. I'm not sure he has ever read a comic book in his life, let alone written or drawn one. foreheadslap.gif

27_laughing.gif

Interesting results this time. I can't believe anyone voted for Frazetta foreheadslap.gif and I am suprised that the Boris/Turner matchup was so close. Turner is WAY overrated in my opinion and in coming years will most likely be relegated to the artistic dungheap. Not sure why people hate on Boris, he did a bunch of great Skywald covers. confused-smiley-013.gif

Boris produced some of the best fantasy artwork ever created between roughly 1971 and 1982. He produced some incredible covers for Savage Sword of Conan, Tales of the Zombie and the Warren magazines, along with numerous awesome paperback book covers. I believe his work reached its zenith from roughly 1979-1982, though many prefer his more raw mid-1970s work. After 1982, however, he started to excessively over-emphasize the musculature of his characters, which most people (including myself) seem to intensely dislike. I would say that by the second half of the 1980s, the quality of his artwork took a steep decline from which it never recovered (all those '80s hairstyles on his barbarian women were just ridiculous as well).

The poll isn't about the comic book industry. It is about "Who's The Most Overrated." Prechter wins that hands down.

In the absence of a sigh graemlin, I'll go for frown.gifblush.gifcrazy.gifconfused.giftongue.gif893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gifsorry.gifjuggle.gif

I wonder if he'll be able to see off Perez next round? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The poll isn't about the comic book industry. It is about "Who's The Most Overrated." Prechter wins that hands down.

First, it *is* about the comic book industry, considering there are no other non-comic book personalities in any of the match-ups thus far. Secondly, don't you have to be "highly rated" to be overrated? Considering how lowly rated Prechter is by the masses (unjustifiably, I would add), I find it absurd that anyone could call him "overrated". screwy.gif

Anyway, ask Paul Tudor Jones if he thinks Prechter is overrated. Not likely considering Prechter's methods helped make him a billionaire trader and philanthropist, something he acknowledges in the book "Market Wizards". foreheadslap.gif

Secondly, don't you have to be "highly rated" to be overrated? Considering how lowly rated Prechter is by the masses (unjustifiably, I would add), I find it absurd that anyone could call him "overrated". screwy.gif

Now how did I know you were a disciple of Prechter, Gene. smirk.gif

He's predicted seven of the last two stock market crashes. smirk.gif And has admitted himself that his analysis has been completely wrong.

Who said I was a disciple of Prechter? confused-smiley-013.gif I wouldn't read too much into half of one line out of context on a comic book message board and think you've got it all figured out. screwy.gif

Who said I was a disciple of Prechter? confused-smiley-013.gif I wouldn't read too much into half of one line out of context on a comic book message board and think you've got it all figured out. screwy.gif

poke2.gifdevil.giftongue.gif

I'm opposed to anything that makes a mockery out of this very serious thread regarding who is the most overrated comics creator. mad.gif

I move that Prechter be removed from the 2nd round of this competition and that Frazetta be placed back in. Not that I think Frazetta is overrated, but I don't think it was very fair matching him up against an investment newsletter writer. frustrated.gif