• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Printing Companies

12 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. I want to reach out and see if anyone has any recommendations regarding a printing service. I'm looking to get some issues of our comic printed, perhaps even some prints of our Variant covers.

The problem I've been running into is cost. I need to find an affordable place that would allow us to sell the comic for standard prices. With the places I've found so far, we would need to sell the comics for something ridiculous like $6+ per issue just to break even.

Any help would surely be appreciated. I'm thinking there are at least a few boardies on here who can relate or who have been in similar situations. Thanks ahead of time.

-Greg

Hello everyone. I want to reach out and see if anyone has any recommendations regarding a printing service. I'm looking to get some issues of our comic printed, perhaps even some prints of our Variant covers.

The problem I've been running into is cost. I need to find an affordable place that would allow us to sell the comic for standard prices. With the places I've found so far, we would need to sell the comics for something ridiculous like $6+ per issue just to break even.

Any help would surely be appreciated. I'm thinking there are at least a few boardies on here who can relate or who have been in similar situations. Thanks ahead of time.

-Greg

Print Ninja is pretty good and will run you about $1.29 per copy for 1,000 issues.

Ka Blam offers discounts if they put ads on the back

I've worked with many writers who had the books printed. Self pub don't seem to sell though. My buddy's LCS had a self pub section with about 20 titles. After a year he had to tell everyone to come get their books-not a single issue sold.

Ka Blam offers discounts if they put ads on the back

I've worked with many writers who had the books printed. Self pub don't seem to sell though. My buddy's LCS had a self pub section with about 20 titles. After a year he had to tell everyone to come get their books-not a single issue sold.

I wouldn't expect people to buy them cold off a shelf either.

They are good for selling and signing at shows and shop appearances. I have definitely purchased books, I would not have even looked at, after meeting the artist. Some, I have continued to buy from for years.

Yeah they did the show circuit and sold a few books. Not many though. It's a rough biz making self pub work.