• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It may be dreck (from a money standpoint), but I love it!!!

110 posts in this topic

Hulk: Future Imperfect

Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe (any printing -- it just kicks )

(no longer valueless but) Infinity Gauntlet 1-6

Wonder Woman (vol. 2) # 20

Wonder Woman (vol. 2) # 170

Animal Man # 5

100 Bullets # 27 (blew my mind!)

Daredevil Vol. 2, 16-87. (as I've said repeatedly, easily as good as, if not better than) Miller's first run.

As a kid, reading Spectacular Spider-Man 107-110, blew my mind (the Sin Eater arc). When he killed you-know-who (can't give anything away), my mind went to mush! How could they kill that person???? A must read for anyone who hasn't yet done so!

Jay

Definitely the best arc ever on that book and one of the best Spidey arcs of all.

+1 It was a shocking read!

Another good one is Spectacular Spider-man #27-#28. They really stuck with me, as well. They were the reason I started reading Daredevil. :cloud9:

- Love and Rockets

- Nexus

- Legion of Super-Heroes (90s Bierbaum / Giffen / Sprouse / Immonen / Moder era)

- Justice League ( Dematteis / Giffen / Maguire / Hughes)

- Ambush Bug (80s mini-series)

- The Spectre (Ostrander / Mandrake)

- Startling Stories : Banner (Azzarello / Corben)

Almost forgot - the comic printings of Classic Star Wars from the early 90s, taken from the daily strips. Something about the way those early stories were woven between episodes 4 and 5 and given full color made them special to read and re-read.

......and also Simonson Thor. Other than 337 the rest can be had for next to nothing.

Didn't these Simonson Thor's go for non-dreck like money when they first came out, especially the 337? (shrug)

I may be mistaken, but the only one I ever remember demanding a premium was 337.

Nowadays, I find most of the run in 0.50 boxes fairly often.

Not exactly dreck, but all pretty cheap (other than #1)...I loved the first dozen or so issues of the original Nova series. Marvel used to slap "in the tradition of Spider-Man!" on comics all throughout the 1970's.. but this was the first book that really seemed to capture some little piece of what I enjoyed about the early Spidey stories.

But once Sal Buscema left the book and Camine Infantino replaced him... his art, so great on the Flash in the SA and all, was just wrong for Nova, and they took the story in some weird direction which, not surprisingly, led to it's cancellation by issue 25.

But, I don't know... "Blue Blazes!" still makes me smile even today!

This series. So much fun (up until they ruined it by turning it back into a serious comic)

Ditto this. Easily one of my all-time faves. Absolutely loved the writing and Maguire's art - I actually prefer his work to Hughes' in the run.