• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It may be dreck (from a money standpoint), but I love it!!!

110 posts in this topic

I second Byrne FF and also Simonson Thor. Other than 337 the rest can be had for next to nothing.

Great choices. Simonson Thor is so frikkin' good.

I'll add the Lobo Mini Series & Paramilitary Xmas Special to the list of low/no value books that kick arse.

Oh, and Marvel Team-Up 40-44 with Spidey going back to Salem to battle the Dark Rider! Loved those issues.

D

Cotton Mather - remember that storyline as well...nice one Dan!

The Byrne FF

+1

I'd also like to add Avengers 273 to 277 - Baron Zemo and his Masters of Evil's assault on the Avengers Mansion.

Definitely, that Masters of Evil run made Avengers my favorite title for a long time as a kid..

As a kid, reading Spectacular Spider-Man 107-110, blew my mind (the Sin Eater arc). When he killed you-know-who (can't give anything away), my mind went to mush! How could they kill that person???? A must read for anyone who hasn't yet done so!

Jay

As a kid, reading Spectacular Spider-Man 107-110, blew my mind (the Sin Eater arc). When he killed you-know-who (can't give anything away), my mind went to mush! How could they kill that person???? A must read for anyone who hasn't yet done so!

Jay

Definitely the best arc ever on that book and one of the best Spidey arcs of all.

There's a lot of great Copper age stuff that fits this criteria. For me, the Jim Lee/Carl Potts run on Punisher War Journal is a personal favorite. It was one of the first series I regularly collected, after a student in one of my Dad's high school history classes gave him four books when he heard I was starting to get into comics (I was 10 or 11).

An aside: those four comics were: PWJ 3, ASM 314, UXM 242, and Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 6. I wound up collecting all those books. A few years later the student came back and gave my Dad a copy of a brand new comic, which the student created (or helped create) and got published. It was called "Fenry". I've still got it, signed, though I don't think he made it in the industry.