• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It may be dreck (from a money standpoint), but I love it!!!

110 posts in this topic

Iron Man: Enter the Mandarin. Modern retell of the mandarin intro. 6 books to tell a relatively short story, but the interior art was good, and I like the version of the mandarin, and of course the BA iron man armor. Also the art deco covers were a nice touch. (cough*rocketeer*cough)

Should be in the dollar bins.

DC12622lg.jpg

Also no secret that I love John Byrne's next men (dark horse). Except for the issue with hellboy crossover, all 30+ issues should be a dollar to $1.50 ea. Sets (without issue 21) on Ebay go for about $30-$40. John Byrne goodness at its best. I really like the art, and the plot twists/deaths, and the additional 14 issues from IDW (also dollar or maybe $2 comics) continue the story if the first 30 leaves you frothing for more.

-Terry

Gilgamesh 2

Starman vol2, the Jack Knight series

Both are fantastic. Gilgamesh II is probably my favorite non-hero comic story. Great character development there and the artwork is top-notch.

Gilgamesh 2 and Starman V2 are good reads. I've also been reading the

Clan Destine series from the preview , now I'm up to # 8 or so. An awful lot

of Biff and Boff, but about 3 out of 4 so far.