• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What to do with a box of unwanted recent comic books?

25 posts in this topic

Hello,

As I am sure happens to many of you, I buy a lot of comics and I end up with a lot of them that I don't like. I put them in a box and, usually, I just donate them. I was wondering whether there is a better way to manage these unwanted comics.

Unfortunately I don't have time to place eBay listings for each one of them. For the same reason, I don't have time to catalog each one of them (the ones I have now are about 200/300). Is there any nice way to sell these comics in bulk? Or any other option?

Honestly, sometimes the recycling bin is the way to go. This week I threw out a number of (non-comic) books. The libraries only have so much funding to maintain capacity as more people dedicate their research to online queries.

Hospitals will take the books but there are plenty of times that they will self censor the books due to their own standards and concerns for the values that their current and future patients may exhibit.

my advice...

sometimes its best to hug a tree and recycle.

OK this is what I just did. I donated the box through https://givebackbox.com. You create your account and they give you a UPS label (they pay for postage).

I then added my comics to my ItsDeductible app on the iPhone so that next year Turbotax will transfer the donation into my account.

I then used the fantastic app Shyp on iPhone to have someone come and pick up my box in 10 minutes.

The comics are now on their way to Goodwill.

Have a yard sale and say there are $100 bills in many of the comics! The books are $2! Then have 3 shills that know which books have the hundies! Business will be brisk after several "I got a hundred dollars!" "Me too!" "I just got one!!"

Have a yard sale and say there are $100 bills in many of the comics! The books are $2! Then have 3 shills that know which books have the hundies! Business will be brisk after several "I got a hundred dollars!" "Me too!" "I just got one!!"

Oh Kav! You're so shilly!

8503613.jpg

Some funny answers!

Here's a serious one, though... you can do something with ebay that works, and is kind of nice.

Figure out how many will fit for you in a medium flat rate shipping box (normally like 40 or so) and then do an auction that you start at the cost of shipping plus $1. Worst case you get rid of them and give someone a great deal on some reading material. Best case maybe you make a few bucks if you pick a good assortment of books and it catches the eyes of a few folks.

But mostly I just see it as a way to actually put them in the hands of someone who might actually want them.

Hello,

As I am sure happens to many of you, I buy a lot of comics and I end up with a lot of them that I don't like. I put them in a box and, usually, I just donate them. I was wondering whether there is a better way to manage these unwanted comics.

Unfortunately I don't have time to place eBay listings for each one of them. For the same reason, I don't have time to catalog each one of them (the ones I have now are about 200/300). Is there any nice way to sell these comics in bulk? Or any other option?

Great to see you here, Botolo (you can guess who I am from my avatar! :D ) (thumbs u

Some funny answers!

Here's a serious one, though... you can do something with ebay that works, and is kind of nice.

Figure out how many will fit for you in a medium flat rate shipping box (normally like 40 or so) and then do an auction that you start at the cost of shipping plus $1. Worst case you get rid of them and give someone a great deal on some reading material. Best case maybe you make a few bucks if you pick a good assortment of books and it catches the eyes of a few folks.

But mostly I just see it as a way to actually put them in the hands of someone who might actually want them.

I wasn't trying to be funny. I really meant what I said. Toss them into recycling.

Some funny answers!

Ive donated hundreds of comics to charity, and they have never turned them down. Plus you get a write off. Works for me at least.

Donate to a children's hospital, or library. Then, you can write it off on your taxes.

Great idea but - be careful what books you donate for children. May not want mature-reader or zenescope books ending up in a stack at the children's ward.

Some funny answers!

I wasn't trying to be funny. I really meant what I said. Toss them into recycling.

Oh I know you did, I really just meant the ones who were trying to be funny. I've recycled a few books (mostly poor condition ones I've picked up in lots) that I know otherwise will just take up space and never sell.