• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worldwide Comics grading?

24 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I recently bought from Nick, Comicana, and I'm really glad I did. Very friendly guy and strict grader.

I'm now interested in some of the comics Worldwide is selling, and I heard also Stephen Ritter is a very good grader. Has any of you ever bought from him? Are his comic grades consistent with CGC? Can I buy raw books from him with peace of mind?

Thanks as always

Enrico

I've bought raw books from him several times but at a con and the books were in hand. Grading was good. I would imagine he has a return policy if your not satisfied.

Hi,

Thanks for answering.

I believe he has a return policy too, but since I live in Italy I would prefer not to return the books. It'd be too pricy :)

You can always get ahold of Nick and give him a want list. He can probably find what your looking for. I've bought from Nick several times and never a problem.

I already gave Nick a want list. I'll buy from him again for sure. He's a very nice guy.

His grading imho has been consistently good.

Since your location being in Italy - Stephen might be receptive if you sent a nice email asking at his convenience, to double check the grades of those your interested in buying.

I'll certainly do so.

Thank you

I have bought several books both graded and ungraded from Worldwide Comics (Stephen Ritter) over the years. I have never had a problem with his raw book grades and after submitting some of those books to CGC, every book has came back at his grade or one grade level higher or lower, such as a 9.2 advertised raw has come back 9.0, 9.2 or 9.4 every time. I find him to be very fair and flexible and is one of the best and reputable sellers out there.

As I told you, Enrico, Worldwide grading is pretty much always very solid.

I would be dubious however, on how much they could be responsive via email. When I restarted collecting I was trying to inquire about a Golden Age book (mostly for postage), but did not receive a reply, so I ended up buying it straight away.

The few times I bought from Worldwide I wasn’t disappointed. Sometimes they are a bit pricey on the books, especially with Bronze and Copper in the higher grades, but they are reliable. :)

I bought a couple of books some years ago and wasn't too happy about the declared grade. I only recently bought raw books from them again and have been much happier. I never found it all that easy to contact them. I think overall you will be pleased based on recent dealings.

The only dealer whose books I never really question are those from Highfradecomics. I've never done submissions to prove his grading. I just receive his books and never feel unsatisfied about the grade.

I've bought raw books from him several times but at a con and the books were in hand. Grading was good. I would imagine he has a return policy if your not satisfied.

Hi,

Thanks for answering.

I believe he has a return policy too, but since I live in Italy I would prefer not to return the books. It'd be too pricy :)

I've bought from them many times from overseas ( to Australia) - excellent service everytime.

You can do business with Mr Ritter in full confidence.

Any experience on buying raw NM+ from ww?

What are my odds of 9.8?

I'd say he grades the way CGC does.

You might get lucky once in a while over volume but he's pretty sharp so I wouldn't expect to find many under graded books as with any seasoned dealer.

Of course, grading is subjective so just as CGC can be inconsistent anything is possible.