• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

State of the Comic Market Article

21 posts in this topic

Customers want the variant covers, so poop or get off the pot. It's like having a hot dog stand and offering no condiments, saying that you could stock mustard and kraut but you choose not to

This.

Whether the Variant is rare (always help drum up interest) or a sweet cover from one of your fav artists, the heart wants what the heart wants.

What I don't like, however, is LCS's are being forced to be gun-shy about their orders now. I wish they'd make 1:5 variants and stop at like 1:25 for the super rare ones.

That would hurt the speculators, help completionists, it might help LCS's order a few more copies to reward their subbies, without the risk of underselling books. If more and more LCS's did this, then it should trickle upstream so distributors distribute more books and publishers sell more books as a whole.

I see it as a win-win (shrug)

Jerome