• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The whole thread poofed?

120 posts in this topic

Do you think anyone will realize the word is "peace"...?

hm

I caught that too,but held back on the spelling errors.

I don't think it is "peace". Most everywhere I checked says "said my piece" is the correct usage. Some places said "said my peace" was also commonly used, but didn't say it was the correct or even preferred usage.

The Learner's Dictionary

Grammarist

Common Errors in English Usage

hm

I don't think it is "peace". Most everywhere I checked says "said my piece" is the correct usage. Some places said "said my peace" was also commonly used, but didn't say it was the correct or even preferred usage.

The Learner's Dictionary

Grammarist

4224865.jpg

:popcorn:

What's up stranger!

Hey man, are you going to be at Heroes this year?

Yes! I am for sure going this year! You?

Yes, Emily and I are booked to go. What day do you get in?

hm

The Learner's Dictionary

Grammarist

4224865.jpg

More like:

4226566.jpg

Anyone need a toady? I'm available.

hm

Yes... go forth into this thing called the water cooler... talk to whatever natives you find there. Integrate yourself into their society. Never break contact. Learn what you can and report back to Comics General in one year.

Anyone need a toady? I'm available.

hm

Yes... go forth into this thing called the water cooler... talk to whatever natives you find there. Integrate yourself into their society. Never break contact. Learn what you can and report back to Comics General in one year.

Toadies don't report back in a year-they're always hanging around. That's the whole point of toadies.

You may be seeking what's known as a 'sleeper'.