• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does this piece and the signature look right to you guys?

21 posts in this topic

I was going to say it looks more like John Romita JR.

Except for those hands, that's right on. The time frame fits that body type for Jr. Not so much the face or hands, but body for sure.

That thing's got big giant Kirby-esque ham-hands.

The overall look strikes me as more Jr. than Sr., I can't speak for the nuances of the hands and such.

I immediately thought JRJR when I first saw it, but that's obviously SR's sig (or an approximation of SR's sig). Weird. It's almost like a forger confused his Romitas.

I immediately thought JRJR when I first saw it, but that's obviously SR's sig (or an approximation of SR's sig). Weird. It's almost like a forger confused his Romitas.

Yes, there it is, I think, if it's a forgery.

If not, it could be a piece they both worked on, and only Sr. signed it?

Not convinced it's a fake, but not convinced it isn't.

"To Gerard" looks an awful lot like Sr.'s handwriting.

Yes, there it is, I think, if it's a forgery.

If not, it could be a piece they both worked on, and only Sr. signed it?

Not convinced it's a fake, but not convinced it isn't.

"To Gerard" looks an awful lot like Sr.'s handwriting.

I'd be surprised if it was both of them and not signed by both. Also that would most likely mean Sr inked as he prefers to do, and I can't imagine Sr's inks looking like this.

I am no expert by far but one thing that jumped out to me is the "o" in Romita. In all the samples I've seen (and a few I've seen him do in person when I was standing there waiting for JRJR next to him), the "o" is always open to very open. This one is closed.