• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SO my cgc case is cracked, is it better to resubmit it or??

7 posts in this topic

I recently bought a comic I wanted graded by cgc. The case is apparently cracked on the bottom left side so I was debating on resubmitting it for a new case. The only issue is this is the wolverine #75 blue hologram comic. IT has a blue label now, but if I send it to cgc will they now give it the dreaded green label?

I recently bought a comic I wanted graded by cgc. The case is apparently cracked on the bottom left side so I was debating on resubmitting it for a new case. The only issue is this is the wolverine #75 blue hologram comic. IT has a blue label now, but if I send it to cgc will they now give it the dreaded green label?

Why were you thinking you might get a green label? Did the comic suffer some damage?

Why were you thinking you might get a green label? Did the comic suffer some damage?

The blue hologram issue has been discussed as being a "production error." Some production errors get green labels.

The blue hologram issue has been discussed as being a "production error." Some production errors get green labels.

Ah, ok. I just looked up Wolverine 75 (it's the one published 11/93, right?). There are 20 green label copies, which seems high for a modern book. The OP may want to call them to see what their position is to better gauge the risk of the book getting a green label when it's reslabbed.