• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More fun 55... Undervalued?

15 posts in this topic

So obviously these aren't growing on trees but I can't help but wonder y'all's thoughts are on this book. The only one that I currently see up for grabs is a 9.4 which all things considered, doesn't seem like it's that pricey competitively speaking. What is everyone's opinion on This books potential?

I'm a big fan of MF 55, I think it's a great book that's also relatively scarce.

Not sure about potential as it has two outstanding covers - the 54 and 56 - that bookend it, both being more desirable than the 55 IMHO.

As a title, More Fun has been given a recent boost with the Aquaman blitz, but to be honest I still greatly prefer the earlier issues for their classic Golden Age 'feel'.

Not sure about potential as it has two outstanding covers - the 54 and 56 - that bookend it, both being more desirable than the 55 IMHO.

+1

If anything, I would say that MF 55 is relatively overvalued, especially if you compare this book to its more desirable neighboring issues #54 and #56. :cloud9:

+1

If anything, I would say that MF 55 is relatively overvalued, especially if you compare this book to its more desirable neighboring issues #54 and #56. :cloud9:

+1 on it being overvalued; it probably has the worst Spectre cover of the run. (As for #56, I'm not really a huge fan of any of the Dr. Fate covers, although I do like #61.)

Did a board member win this .5 copy of More Fun Comics #52?

LINK

I got the 54 and although the paper was really nice, IMO white rather then off white, there was A LOT more tape and string and other issues from being bound. I have a feeling the staples were likely removed as well. Still the cover is very nice and I am not taking a shot at anyone just making comments about the book. I have always loved these Spectre books but there has always been something more pressing to get my cash. Since I had one other stuff in this auction I just went for it.

James G

I'm not really a huge fan of any of the Dr. Fate covers

:o

morefun56.jpg

morefun69.jpg

morefun71.jpg

Those are awesome! I'm partial to the large titles of the golden age books.

I admit they're not bad—and those are some gorgeous examples. Maybe what I should have said is that overall, I like the Spectre covers better than the Dr. Fate covers. As far as DCs go, my three favorite cover groups are the pre-Robin Tecs, the Spectre More Funs, and the old-costume Sandman Adventures (in that order).