• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are considered the Modern Age keys.

56 posts in this topic

Title really says it all. Which Modern Age books are true keys.

Depends. When is the start of the Modern Age?

1992? (shrug) Some people I know don't even consider the copper age a thing and they think moderns started in 1980, but I'd say around '92.

We should land a start date before we can chime in with books.

Jerome

I can be convinced that it's 1992 - the start of Image Comics OR 1998 - the start of Marvel Knights. I'm leaning toward 1998 and here's why: I think the most significant event to define the end of the Copper Age and the beginning of the Modern Age is the bursting of the collecting bubble that contributed to Marvel going bankrupt. Marvel Knights was created as reaction to the "flash over substance" business model that killed the industry in the mid-90s.

Didn't you ask this not too long ago?

More than that too and the thing is with keys it's an opinion and every changing based on the market.

Huh?

So we should rehash this topic every month?

As I just today said in another thread, these boards would be great if they had active moderators.

More than that too and the thing is with keys it's an opinion and every changing based on the market.

Huh?

yes. I actually update my list every 18 minutes. Don't want to miss out.

Huh?

yes. I actually update my list every 18 minutes. Don't want to miss out.

:signfunny:

Title really says it all. Which Modern Age books are true keys.

How are you defining what a "true key" is for this discussion?

In my opinion, $100 for a raw NM is a good benchmark.

Oh I wasn't being genuine as I knew this topic was already created by the OP very recently.

The last thing that is needed is yet another financially driven thread. This one and many others may as well be titled "What comics are safe to invest in for a profit?"

The answer is absolutely none of them.

1) What are considered the Modern Age keys.

2) Key Catwoman books?

3) Recent Characters with potential? Who will get big?

4) Sell or hold?

5) To slab or not to slab, that is the question?

6) When is the best time of year to sell?

7) best way to move a fair number of comics, at a reasonable price

People actually do READ and actually enjoy comics still, right? I mean, actually enjoy stories and art or is it all about the money? :popcorn:

People actually do READ and actually enjoy comics still, right? I mean, actually enjoy stories and art or is it all about the money? :popcorn:

I haven't read one in over a week . . . but only because I'm in the middle of a new book about the Isabelle Gardner Museum art theft in 1990. :grin:

And that's fine. I'm not saying you have to have your face buried in a book every night, but you just see (for the most part) noobs constantly creating new threads that are only focused on speculation or investment potential. It's just tiresome after awhile. :sorry:

Maybe I need to go bump that "Favorite covers" thread... hm