• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are considered the Modern Age keys.

56 posts in this topic

Well in a semi related thread hijacking can anyone point me to a first apperance list for the last 5 years.....i personally want to know and it can help pick out some keys (even if not by $ value)

a quick google search will give you a good start. for your list.

Well in a semi related thread hijacking can anyone point me to a first apperance list for the last 5 years.....i personally want to know and it can help pick out some keys (even if not by $ value)

a quick google search will give you a good start. for your list.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish... :/

Title really says it all. Which Modern Age books are true keys.

How are you defining what a "true key" is for this discussion?

In my opinion, $100 for a raw NM is a good benchmark.

How do you judge that price, today, last week, over the last year, etc...

New Mutants #87 is a key, but was not selling for $100 last month. This week it will be however.

Title really says it all. Which Modern Age books are true keys.

How are you defining what a "true key" is for this discussion?

In my opinion, $100 for a raw NM is a good benchmark.

How do you judge that price, today, last week, over the last year, etc...

New Mutants #87 is a key, but was not selling for $100 last month. This week it will be however.

I would say it should have sustained value going back at least a year or more.

There's a link to a First Appearances thread in the Noob Guide. There's also "Search Tips" and discussion about other ways to search. :D

HERE is another.

I appreciate the help thank you and for those saying google or search or requires effort i was just hoping someone could point me to a good up to date list something that could be considered "Thee" list. in my searches i havent found one list yet that even mentions alot of recent chrecters such as white fox or guillotine with some not even thorough enough to mention amadaus cho but have spider gwen and lets forget about non marvel/dc chrecters. I was looking for the most complete and inclusive list if that was not at all clear.

People actually do READ and actually enjoy comics still, right? I mean, actually enjoy stories and art or is it all about the money? :popcorn:

I haven't read one in over a week . . . but only because I'm in the middle of a new book about the Isabelle Gardner Museum art theft in 1990. :grin:

Oooh, that actually sounds interesting, what's the name of the book?

There's a link to a First Appearances thread in the Noob Guide. There's also "Search Tips" and discussion about other ways to search. :D

HERE is another.

I appreciate the help thank you and for those saying google or search or requires effort i was just hoping someone could point me to a good up to date list something that could be considered "Thee" list. in my searches i havent found one list yet that even mentions alot of recent chrecters such as white fox or guillotine with some not even thorough enough to mention amadaus cho but have spider gwen and lets forget about non marvel/dc chrecters. I was looking for the most complete and inclusive list if that was not at all clear.

I am not sure something like that exists. It would be an ever changing list of characters or too intensive to put together.

1) What are considered the Modern Age keys.

2) Key Catwoman books?

3) Recent Characters with potential? Who will get big?

4) Sell or hold?

5) To slab or not to slab, that is the question?

6) When is the best time of year to sell?

7) best way to move a fair number of comics, at a reasonable price

People actually do READ and actually enjoy comics still, right? I mean, actually enjoy stories and art or is it all about the money? :popcorn:

I still read them =) :sumo:

I haven't read one in over a week . . . but only because I'm in the middle of a new book about the Isabelle Gardner Museum art theft in 1990. :grin:

The Art Forger

2) Key Catwoman books?

4) Sell or hold?

There he is ! :hi:

The Art Forger

(thumbs u Thanks! I always enjoy art crime books!

2) Key Catwoman books?

4) Sell or hold?

There he is ! :hi:

:grin::hi:

Sorry to hurt anybodies feelings but a "key" has nothing to do with value. It's has to do with importance or relevance of a character in a story.

I.E. 1st appearance, cameo, 1st new costume, origin, death, redirection, ect.

It seems that only "modern collectors" do not understand this and think it's about value...not to mention most of what they value will be in the dollar bin in 5 years lol