• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Isn't this the famous first edition?

46 posts in this topic

Strange how he put the word 'first' in the listing....almost like he saw it on the outer cover....which was.....removed......

Really any dolts bidding on this should not be allowed a return. Ebay should say I'm sorry but you don't meet the minimum mental requirement to request a refund good day sir.

Is there anything in the ad on the inside of the back cover that should indicate this is a reprint?

Like something that wasnt made until many years after this comic came out ?

Just out of curiosity . What are the giveaways that this isnt what he claims.

I dont disagree with you . Im just curious what to look for in case someone tries to sell me a reprint as the original .

The biggest give away is just the size of this book. At 13+ inches, it's way bigger than the real thing. Also, most of the famous first editions have subtle differences in the artwork, but on this one the only difference I can find is the dashed line on the back cover is missing on this reprint.

The biggest giveaway is the size. He clearly lists the size in the questions sections yet dilrods are still bidding on it.

It's an exact reprint, advertising and all. It's just huge.

Was that pink rectangle at the top spine of the first wrap there in the original?

It doesn't show up on this page 1 from the original:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Superman-1-CGC-PG-1ST-WRAP-ONLY-50k-in-PG-GOOD-1939-DC-ORIGIN-drw-15151-/231815289879?hash=item35f9449c17:g:dusAAOSwQTVV-xjr