• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Isn't this the famous first edition?

46 posts in this topic

The real back cover of Superman 1 has the perforations to cut off the cover.

superman1back.jpg

The Famous First Edition does not have it.

You are welcome.

xoxo

greggy

Picture if you will the dolts hunched over their computers waiting to snipe this thing and snatch the gold mine!!!

The biggest giveaway is the size. He clearly lists the size in the questions sections yet dilrods are still bidding on it.

The biggest giveaway is the 6th image (open front cover). Read the spine - "Famous First Edition (Superman) C-61"

qroAHlmh.jpg

I thought I had issues with poor observational skills.

All they had to do is scroll down to the "Other items like this" and see that there is a near mint copy for sale for $79. and describes it as a reprint that is 15 years old.

I would feel sorry for the buyers, but even though the lister was deceptive. He wasn't lying about there not being the word "reprint" anywhere on the book.

And he may have "inherited" it when he paid for it at the LCS, for the shop owner passed it down to him after handing over the $39.

Greed can make people blind. And laziness (not doing the simplest bit of research) on a comic can cost you dearly when you try to profit from it.

Ebay might actually give them their money back when the buyer realizes his mistake. But, if not, it's a valuable lesson I hope they learn.

-Terry

Pretty sure winning bidder was a shill. He has 39 feedback, 37% bidding activity with this seller which means he has bought a bunch on incense lamps, paper money etc and suddenly wow he's a comic collector.