• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Couple of questions.

9 posts in this topic

welp for starters, hi!

erm basically i was wondering if someone could give me a list of what is allowable at 7.5?

And, just wondering if i should be storing all my early stuff in mylar with archival paper, or will i be fine changing bags every year or so?

Thank you for your time smile.gifthumbsup2.gif

Grading Guide

Remember...this is only a guide. Different collectors will have different criteria on what is allowable in grades. Sometimes a collector or grading certification company will have different standards on different days. Some changing with the weather... insane.gif

Jim

Hey Jim...who's the kid on the site...looks like he just ate a lemon... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

welp for starters, hi!

erm basically i was wondering if someone could give me a list of what is allowable at 7.5?

And, just wondering if i should be storing all my early stuff in mylar with archival paper, or will i be fine changing bags every year or so?

Thank you for your time smile.gifthumbsup2.gif

Define early stuff. I think StronGuy posted a nice breakdown of the supplies he dedicates to comics, but damned if I saved that thread.

As a general rule everything from 1979 and earlier is in Mylite 2s - and then it depends. $50+ books are always in Mylars, as are most of my SA. Depends how many you have and how much you want to spend, but I will say that a Mylite 2 and Fullback make so much more sense for than a regular bacg and board for BA and SA books. Instead of changing the bags just put them in there and be done with it. Yoiu don't have to redo the entire collection at once, I went title by title and made determinations for each like so.

X-Men: 1-66 Mylar and Full Back. 67-93 Mylite 2 and FullBack. 94-101 Mylar and Fullback. 102 - 143 Mylite 2 and Full back. 144 and up Polybagged. With key exceptions (1st Jim Lee Art = Mylite 2 with FB) 1st Gambit Mylar and FB.

I put Micochamber paper in all the Mylared issues. Or if you don't want to go nuts on paper just the keys over $250.

huge thanks for the great answers, early stuff is basically just oldish silver age, and an archie from 49 dunno where that one stands, but basically anything over $50 hrm, my daredevils will all probably go in mylars and such, as soon as i can find a shop around here with mylars instead of just poly's.

Once again, thank you for your time. :P

Any shop with a Diamond account should be able to get you some stuff. But check out online dealers as well, there are a few on this message board. When I started this process some three years ago now (before which 99% of stuff was in Poly bags) I picked my 100 favorite comic books and put them In Mylar and Fullbacks. Then I discovered Mylite2s a nice inexpensive archival quality product and spent a year buying 50 with 50 FBs and using them on every BA book that I own.

So start small especially if you have Archies, I'm not sure which Mylite2 fits nicely in there. I would think for the expensive Archies it would be Silver Gold Mylars. Full Golds are nice but they are a Pain in the [#@$%!!!] to store.

sorry for double posting, but editing when you have another question seemed stupid. basically do all the different mylar products offer the same protection? not against physical damage, but i mean like against aging etc. thanks for reading this smile.gif