• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay X-men 94 from CGC 4.5 to raw 9.0

66 posts in this topic

eBay is full of scam artists.

so is this place

Not full but we have our share.

That's why I keep my own list of great sellers on the boards, never been buffaloed yet.With the guys I buy from I never will.

Hate to say it, but I'm getting this way as well. If it's an eBay purchase, it has to come from a dealer/individual with a no questions asked return policy.

I've yet to have a bad experience buying or selling on the boards. Everyone I've dealt with has been up and up.

Can't say the same for eBay. Plenty of nightmares there.

I do not grade like my friend grades, which surely is beneficial to the buyer and IMHO, hurts the seller.

I do not undergrade books to get repeat customers, like he does. I'm trying to get these three statements straight; You do not grade like he grades- and he undergrades.

So yeah, I stated that MY PARTNER WHO GRADES TIGHTER THAN I DO, will be set up with me at Big Apple... You do not grade like he grades- and he undergrades, yet he grades tighter than you. So if he undergrades, and you do not, but his grading is tighter than yours, does that mean you overgrade?

Attempted manipulation of GPA ring a bell ?

I am well familiar with that thread, believe me.

I did NOT attempt to manipulate GPA.

Read the thread again.

Ultimately, that thread resulted in the same CGC 9.8 Suicide Squad #1 that I sold via 3 day auction on eBay for around $250, and cancelled the sale (instantly refunded the buyer his money)......the book was subsequently given to a boardie (Shadroch) in his return for his $550 donation to woundedwarriorproject.org.

Board sales are NOT recorded on eBay, that was a stipulation of Shad agreeing to donate $550 to WWP.org in return for the book, that it be shipped to him and that he not buy it off ebay.....which I readily agreed to.

KPR also donated $1000 directly to WWP.org and a couple other boardies made $100 or so donations to WWP.org.

Sadly, in the past couple weeks...it turns out that WWP has serious corruption/mispending issues.

A couple weeks back I tried listing a cgc 9.6 copy via BIN with a 100% donation to WWP.

I then was told by Steve Borock via a faceBook posting I made to promote the sale about the WWP issues.

So, I ended that listing right quick and relisted it with 100% of the price being donated to HireHeroesUSA.org.....which I am for damn sure is a 100% legit charity.

Tried it out at a $225 BIN...dropped it to a $175 BIN....still hasn't sold so I will be putting it to 7 day auction, tomorrow.

So are you agreeing that what you did can be viewed as manipulation or are you still saying there was nothing even remotely wrong with what you did?

I just want to be clear on this because honestly it looked like manipulation even if that wasn't the intent. Just being honest.

I guess this thread is official now.. obligatory name drop of what show CAK is setting up at next achievement unlocked! :whee:

CAK-O-RAMA get your tickets now!

Cak-a-polooza

CAK-opolis

The names almost make themselves

Look, CAK is big around here. Huge, in fact. Some even say he's a huge, huge CAK. Don't forget it.

I guess this thread is official now.. obligatory name drop of what show CAK is setting up at next achievement unlocked! :whee:

CAK-O-RAMA get your tickets now!

Cak-a-polooza

CAK-opolis

The names almost make themselves

Look, CAK is big around here. Huge, in fact. Some even say he's a huge, huge CAK. Don't forget it.

When CAK and Dr. Balls get together. Watch out! :ohnoez: