• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ok, postage rates went up...

12 posts in this topic

but raising the first class limit to 16 ounces was pretty nice. now rather than $5-$6 for priority I am spending $3.65 (after my ebay discount) so send a 16 oz package from NYC to California. I don't mind that.

$23 to ship a $3 comic to Canada on the other hand....

And to Italy? I am scared as it’s been a while since I last did a cumulative shipment with my friends. lol

$72.50 through ebay global shipping

:jokealert:

strangely - I was shipping a PIF through the USPS site - and other books using paypal multiorder shipping -

I was not getting any online price break through USPS -- and paypal was not that much more than before for a 1st class package - like a 0.20 increase or something like that. I do not ship much directly using USPS for the labels - but I do remember them being just as cheap as paypal (or EBAY) shipping in the past.

And to Italy? I am scared as it’s been a while since I last did a cumulative shipment with my friends. lol

strangely - I was shipping a PIF through the USPS site - and other books using paypal multiorder shipping -

I was not getting any online price break through USPS -- and paypal was not that much more than before for a 1st class package - like a 0.20 increase or something like that. I do not ship much directly using USPS for the labels - but I do remember them being just as cheap as paypal (or EBAY) shipping in the past.

USPS no longer has the online discount, change was made when the prices changed

USPS no longer has the online discount, change was made when the prices changed

that's what I figured - I do not see much of a difference when going through paypal or ebay shipping ( not enough for me to raise shipping prices on my listings anyway) ---- but that pretty much guarantees I do not ship anything directly through USPS anymore.......

I still ship overseas to my customers, First Class International is the best option since its the cheapest and rates are out of control but international collectors are buyers too and most on eBay seem to shun them out. Sure, you can't have insurance added to First Class International parcels but there are ways around that so a seller can still offer internatonal buyers a book and help save them money by offering them the cheapest shipping option.

ok, 1st class package to canada will be around $15.50, i guess that isn't so bad. except there isn't tracking on that, is there?

Yes, this is what I'm seeing with today's rates with U.S. Postal there. I guess I will have to adjust my spending and in which books I really want. I can't do anymore with a book worth less than $40 value. Will have to be much higher to make the shipping worth the pain. :sorry: