• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I got an interesting situation on shipping...

33 posts in this topic

As the topic says, a situation come to me in regarding about shipping cost. This is a first for me. So I come here to ask you if any of you ever had that happened on you.

Can someone took up in care of shipping cost covered for you - without sending a invoice on shipping, without consulting you before? This was from an auction house, what I was told. I understand that the auction item was paid in full and had shown on his credit card statement.

But no shipping invoice, no consulting by email? He said he was supposed to get a seperate invoice specifically for shipping ... but it never come up. Yet he actually got his item arrived with shipping paid in full? On the label shows someone's name and address had paid it. (shrug)

To me, that is odd...

Ok... let me put another way:

Would you, a employee of an auction house, paid shipping cost on a bidder's item. And not sent invoice for shipping to the bidder?

That was what happened on a friend.

He had done tried emailed 5 times with no response, called twice and was slammed up on him. From the other side told to him that everything was taken care of. Said another invoice will be sent. Then slam him off on phone.

That never come - zero. I can see he has done his part there.

Yet, he did have got his items with shipping paid. Not him but by someone. ???

I believe what Fan Boy is saying is that a friend of his won an auction and paid for the item itself but not for shipping. However, the item was shipped to his friend in spite of this, and Fan Boy asks has this ever happened to anyone else? In addition, it sounds as though his friend was treated poorly by the auction house, although he did receive free shipping.

Possible clerical error?

Whatever the case, it sounds like an odd situation. I've never received an invoice from an auction house that didn't include shipping.

As the topic says, a situation come to me in regarding came up about shipping cost. This is a first for me. So I come here wanted to ask you if any of you ever had that happened on you. have had similar experiences.

Can someone took up in care of shipping cost covered for you - without sending a invoice on shipping, without consulting you before? This was from an auction house, what I was told. I understand that the auction item was paid in full and had shown on his credit card statement.

The auction house the comic was purchased from sent it without charging for shipping or it showing up on the invoice.

But no shipping invoice, no consulting by email? He said he was supposed to get a seperate invoice specifically for shipping ... but it never come up. Yet he actually got his item arrived with shipping paid in full? On the label shows someone's name and address had paid it. (shrug)

It looks like the shipper paid for it.

To me, that is odd...

I tried my best to decipher this. OP, is this pretty much what you were asking?

As the topic says, a situation come to me in regarding came up about shipping cost. This is a first for me. So I come here wanted to ask you if any of you ever had that happened on you. have had similar experiences.

The auction house the comic was purchased from sent it without charging for shipping or it showing up on the invoice.

It looks like the shipper paid for it.

To me, that is odd...

I tried my best to decipher this. OP, is this pretty much what you were asking?

That's what I got from it too. No, that's never happened to me before. However, if it would alleviate some of the absurd shipping/handling charges some of these guys throw out (Heritage), then I'd let somebody come over to my house and rough me up, much less be rude on the phone. It cost me nearly $70 to ship 3 slabs and 15 raw books the last time I won something.

I believe what Fan Boy is saying is that a friend of his won an auction and paid for the item itself but not for shipping. However, the item was shipped to his friend in spite of this, and Fan Boy asks has this ever happened to anyone else? In addition, it sounds as though his friend was treated poorly by the auction house, although he did receive free shipping.

Possible clerical error?

Whatever the case, it sounds like an odd situation. I've never received an invoice from an auction house that didn't include shipping.

Yes. Thank you. Exactly what I was thinking. And thank you, CAHokie ... for crossing my sentences lol

Anyway... never happened like this on myself. Not sure what gonna to resolve with this one?

If English is your second lang, keep it simple:

My buddy bought some items from auction house and shipping was free. Normal?

In additional, most auction houses usually sent 2 separate invoices - one invoice for the item (final bid) plus premium percent. Then a second invoice on shipping itself.

Some others sent one invoice in everything.

This house as said above had a huge 2-day auction with hundreds of stuff (lots). The lot won was part of 4 comic book lots among the mess.

I was told that it run into late night almost to midnight.

God, I hope English is his second language...

And assuming it is, kudos to fan boy for being able to (for the most part) get his point accross in a two languages. Beats a lot of us here who still struggle to do it in one! Seriously I've got a huge amount of respect for someone on a message board not in their native tongue. Pretty cool stuff!

I couldn't help but notice, however, that he had like 1,500 posts...and wondered how many of those were spent explaining what he was trying to say in previous posts. :)

Lang? Really? meh

Fan Boy is deaf so I wonder if this affects his writing style.

xoxo

greggy

Is that true, greggy?

If that's the case, that means he's now probably got THREE languages going... since I'm guessing he knows ASL too.

He's really bringing the average of this place up!

Speaking in another language is difficult (at least to me) because to some degree you have to "translate" the thought into another language as well.

I mean, I can’t just "translate" the text I would think in italian, you have to think in the language you are writing/speaking to properly address questions and/or express what you are attempting to say.

Lang? Really? meh

F u cn rd ths msg, u cn bcm a scty n gt a gd jb

Lang? Really? meh

F u cn rd ths msg, u cn bcm a scty n gt a gd jb

Fixed. If you can read this message, you can become a scholar and get a good job. Normal?

Think I'm ahead of you, Kav... :grin: