• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, darkstar said:

I demonstrably showed that you literally confirmed a print number based on another user's wild guess. How this absurdity is lost on you, I have no idea. This is not an opinion or a point of view. It actually happened. Scroll up for the written record. Another user threw out a 2000 print number for a book as a guess after admitting he had no way of figuring out the print run. You reiterated this number as fact and confirmed it because an article on another site mentioned it, when they didn't mention it at all. In fact the number that they did use was 12x higher than your "confirmed" number of 2000. 

CBSI does not have access to print numbers, nor do they have editorial oversight. The information that they post in regards to print numbers is not backstopped by anything, it is a guess. Using false print numbers, that you knowingly know are false, to push books is not speculation. 

No one answered you about a better source, because there is no source. You want information that is not made available for public consumption.  

:troll:

26 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

What is wrong is people inventing numbers when the real numbers aren't available.

Just because a stopped clock is right twice a day doesn't mean it works. If you think CBSI is a reputable source of information, you don't know anything.

That there is no source that is willing to provide the real numbers and no way for anyone to estimate the numbers with the publicly available information.

Once again negatively critisicing without being able to provide help data etc that is better. 

Yep your going on the list too

33 minutes ago, Polirer said:

Once again negatively critisicing without being able to provide help data etc that is better. 

Yep your going on the list too

There is no relevant available data, fool. That is the whole point!

44 minutes ago, Polirer said:

Fool?????????????? Be respectful 

Sorry, I meant moronic termite troll. You consider that to be respectful, right? You must, because I'm sure you would never refer to somebody else in a disrespectful manner.

But seriously, you are a fool for not listening to reason. The absence of information does not give you, or anybody else, a license to create your own facts. You can call everybody on the board a troll and it still won't change that.

1 minute ago, Lazyboy said:

Sorry, I meant moronic termite troll. You consider that to be respectful, right? You must, because I'm sure you would never refer to somebody else in a disrespectful manner.

But seriously, you are a fool for not listening to reason. The absence of information does not give you, or anybody else, a license to create your own facts. You can call everybody on the board a troll and it still won't change that.

18 minutes ago, Subby1938 said:

Anyone have information on feeding trolls? Clearly I can't get any on Dell'Otto lmao

I wish I could help you man, but I have never seen those Dell'otto cards before.  And here I thought I was a super fan.  :shy:

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

18 minutes ago, Subby1938 said:

Anyone have information on feeding trolls? Clearly I can't get any on Dell'Otto lmao

Sorry it’s been a lil crazy in here lately. You got the help needed on the game with the cards right? What else do you need? How can the forum help?

20 minutes ago, Subby1938 said:

How about landing an original sketch or commission by Dell’Otto? Or the original cover? The action comics 1000 Sketch is stunning! 

Owner of BP picked up the OA for Metal 6 and Spider-Man 300 And has first rights to AC 1000

5 minutes ago, Polirer said:

Reality:

On 2/3/2018 at 7:27 PM, GaSouthernGrad said:

I got this in the mail today all the way from France. I've been trying to find a figure online of how many was printed but no luck. Does anyone have any guess as to how many were printed?

On 2/3/2018 at 7:47 PM, Jaydogrules said:

I wouldn't even know how to begin to figure that out.  No less than 2000 though.  

xD

On 2/3/2018 at 8:19 PM, Polirer said:

I love this cover thanks to @obsidian I got one. It shows better in person.

as far as print run, as Jay said I believe it was 2k, I remember CBSI.com did a write up on the cover. Let us know what you find out!

:roflmao:

On 2/3/2018 at 8:54 PM, Lazyboy said:
On 2/3/2018 at 6:28 PM, Polirer said:

Opinions are like bellybuttons we all have them!!!!

your entitled to yours.

do you have somewhere else to guide the original poster?

You say that like you think all opinions are equal. Opinions that are not informed and rational are utterly worthless.

On 2/3/2018 at 7:01 PM, Polirer said:

I responded to you peacefully again do not tell me what to post or not to post. I know what Jay said and I know how I used it. 

I tried to be nice to you All you spread is negativity by criticizing others.

It's not negative to criticize people who deserve it. It is extremely negative to lie and mislead people.

Interesting that you went and read the article I referenced and quoted from it.

Well, some people like to actually know what they're talking about when they post. You should try it sometime.

i asked you for guidance if you don’t like CBSI what resource would you prefer that provides info on this book? The only one I know of is CBSI or conics heating up which points to CBSI. Is there another site that has info on this book? Cause you have yet to be useful.

Everyone would prefer actual information, but the correct response in the absence of information is not to make up garbage, but to not say anything. Unfortunately, far too many people now seem to think others want to be exposed to their irrelevant guesses, which are presented as fact.

and alas be useful otherwise I say to everyone when it comes to Darkstar remember 

Stop spreading negativity with your criticism.

You are the real troll.

10 hours ago, Polirer said:

Instead of getting angry, frustrated, annoyed, and falsely accusing other people of being trolls, why don't you step back and analyze yourself and your posts? 

You have been given substantive, rational, reasonable responses, yet you continue to post as if this is 8th grade, and the most clever response wins. 

That's not how rational debate works. 

You said "all people have are claims and opinions", and then immediately ask why CBSI isn't an authority. The answer to the second is in the first: Comic Book SPECULATION & Investing is a website that 1. is concerned solely with flipping, rather than collecting, comic books, and 2. is generally just a couple of guys' opinions.

And if I can head you off at the pass: there's nothing wrong with flipping, but you need to understand the basic concept of the conflict of interest. People with a vested interest are going to say what will benefit them...not you. If you happen to benefit, great, but that's not their goal. And when that goal conflicts with the truth, you have a conflict of interest, and everything said should be rationally analyzed in that light.

To the specific issue: there is no data. That's the problem. This information is not information that the publishers release, so no one...meaning NO ONE...except the publisher and printer knows how many were actually made. Therefore, any and all numbers not released by the publisher are, AT BEST, shot in the dark guesses. That means that your guess is just as good...or bad....as anyone else's.

Those who say differently are trying to sell you something. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow...but they ARE trying to sell you something.

You may not see it that way, but people are trying to genuinely help you, and you're treating them like they're your enemies. Or would you prefer everyone just make things up out of thin air, but act as if they have real information...?