• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Shops in Victoria, BC?

12 posts in this topic

I'm trying to draw on the collective wisdom of the Boards once again... Can anybody recommend any comic shops or other "go-to" spots for back issues in the Victoria area?

Thanks in advance!

For some slabs, back issues, art books, please go to 1 of 2 Curious Comics. For back issues, independent press comics, go to Legends Comics. For $1 comics, gaming, please go to Yellowjacket Comics.

If visiting Vancouver on a side trip, visit Casa greggy. Also, there is a 100 table sold out (thumbs u Vancouver Comic Show on Sunday Feb. 28/16 if u are in the area.

Also, it seems like BC ferries is offering 30% discount on passengers for March, 2016 travel. Pay full price for your car though. :gossip: Restrictions may apply.

If you like hard cover literary editions or antiquarian books, try the Haunted Bookshop in Sydney's Booktown north of Victoria, BC.

^ as aardvark is getting at, there's 3 or 4 shops in close proximity on Johnson Street (thumbs u

Island Fantasy was the longtime #1 choice but has shuttered for years :cry:

There used to be a little shop in fan-tan alley where a friend bought a vf+ avengers 6 circa 1988 :insane: but I can't remember if that shop is still kicking around, chances are no :insane:

Thanks, everyone - this is great info. It's cool that there's basically three shops on one block!

And for skrank! - it sounds like you're from up island... I'm in and out of Comox all the time. Is there anything decent up that way, or is it all down in Victoria?

Gareth at Legends comics on Johnson st. is a great owner who always has some bizarre new collection coming through his doors, he's very Indy focused.

Curious Comics has a lot of slabs as of late, some decent keys too. I'm always surprised when I go there. (right next door to legends)

These two are the ones I'd focus on (Yellowjacket smells like B.O. and is gaming focused) but just across the street from these two shops is a Vintage Toy shop called Cherry Bomb Toys which is like a trip down memory lane, any pop culture/toy/comic collector will adore it.

Victoria has a very strong collector base consider how small it is. Lots of long term collectors there as well with crazy collections.

For slabs I'd go to Curious Comics.

For subscriptions I use Yellowjacket. They offer a discount (Curious and Legends do not) and free bags and boards. Plus unlike Curious variants are cover price for subscribers.