• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Mutants #86... A Consideration

27 posts in this topic

NM 86 is a 1st app like Marvel Premiere is a 1st app. of Wolverine.

Cable's face is shown in a *coming NEXT issue* panel.

That's it.

But it isn't Cable. It's his clone. Which changes the appearance details, doesn't it?

According to the Marvel wiki page you qouted earlier......ummmm, maybe?

I think dealers might use that Marvel wiki as a means of hyping what is really a BS book....it is a novelty piece IMHO.

I have never read the book but AFAIK, Cable only "appears" as a headshot preview.

.....based on that, the wiki page is really stretching the usage of the word "1st cameo app of Cable".

I would have to go with the pinup sketch of Cable & Stryfe that predates this.

Is this in Marvel Age 82, can't quite remember the issue #?

Yes.

Is there much content to the image, or is it a preview of some future artwork? I never heard of this before.

I believe there are three sketches. One of Cable, one of Stryfe, and one of a separate character. If I'm leaving something out someone else please chime in.

MarvelAge82.jpg

'Cable or Cybrid'

That's interesting. I've never seen that before. It looks like even the concept sketch for Cable was in transition, as he is shown with brown hair.

Thanks for sharing this.

Ah... You're right. I misremembered.

But he's still there on the last page.

But it's not part of the story, which makes a difference

But it's not an ad page -- it's still part of the last page.

It's better than the first Darkseid.

It's an ad. It's not part of the story.

Same as Iron Fist #13.

And first Darkseid is terrible, but at least it's part of the story.

How do we know, for a fact, that the panel isn't meant to show cable lurking in the shadows somewhere, gun drawn? Only Rob Liefield knows for sure what his intent was. (Rob, hint, hint, if you say "lurking in the shadows" you can charge $50 to sign this book, just saying...)