• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC 3.5 Captain America #100

11 posts in this topic

Just noticed this on eBay. And, it's a featured item. How is the seller able to make the economics work on this? What have I been doing wrong, that I can't fathom how one could turn a profit from a listing like this?

confused-smiley-013.gif

Either he bought the book for a song, or he's trying to cut his losses. However that book won't get any more in the holder than if it was raw, and the shipping fees go up for slabbed books.

Not a good business model, that's for sure.........

more people looking at the rest of his books?

Sometimes, I've featured a book so people would hopefully look at my other books. I think people are being cheap when they won't pay featured listing fees and the comic's value is more than $300.

Sometimes, I've featured a book so people would hopefully look at my other books. I think people are being cheap when they won't pay featured listing fees and the comic's value is more than $300.

Is a 3.5 copy of CA #100 worth more than $300?!

No gossip.gif

No gossip.gif

So what is Uclapeterg talking about?

Having done it before, I can understand what happened. The book the dealer listed just before this book had all of those things (the bolding, the featured listing, etc), and he didn't turn all of the options off.

I sold a copy of Howdy Doody 8 for $8 that cost me $29.90 to list because I didn't turn the other things off. frown.gif It happens.

the guy has 2000+ items in his store and doesn't seem to have other featured items up. i don't think he even has any other auctions up, just store items. i think he was using this auction (which has 170+ views already) to bring some traffic into his store. for $20, maybe it's worth it, I don't know.