• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Philadelphia Comic Con - Sunday March 20

13 posts in this topic

Philadelphia Comic Book Convention

Date: Sunday, March 20, 2016

Hours: 10am to 4pm

Admission: $3

Location: Clarion Hotel Conference Center (formerly Ramada Philadelphia Airport), 76 Industrial Highway, Essington, PA 19029

Parking: Free on-site

Special Guests

- Rudy Nebres - Marvel and DC Artist (Conan, Jon Carter, Dr Strange)

- Ron Wilson - Marvel artist on Marvel Two-In-One, The Thing, Masters of the Universe

- Paris Cullins - DC Comics artist on Blue Beetle, Blue Devil, and Hyperkind

- Bob Petrecca - (1pm-4pm only) Marvel and DC artist

- Derwin Roberson (aka Blue Hanzo) - freelance illustrator whose projects include illustrations for video games, children’s books as well as movie production art and Comics. bluehanzosdojo.blogspot.com

Comic and Collectibles

Over 60 dealer tables provide a huge selection of comic books and related collectibles!

- Golden Age Comics

- Silver Age Comics

- Bronze Age Comics

- Modern Comics and the Latest Issues

- Original Artwork

- Graphic Novels, Trade Paperbacks and Hardcovers

- DVDs

- Japanese Manga

- Toys and Action Figures

- Statues and Busts

- Non-Sportscards

Door Prizes

Hourly door prizes will be given away starting at 11am! Hold on to your entrance ticket for a chance to win. You must be present to win.

Directions

The Philadelphia Comic Book Convention is located near the Philadelphia Airport at the Clarion Hotel Conference Center (formerly the Ramada Philadelphia Airport), 76 Industrial Highway, Essington, PA 19029.

From Southbound I-95 - Take I-95 S to Exit 9A (Essington). Merge onto 420 S (Wanamaker Ave). Turn RIGHT onto Industrial Highway. The Clarion Hotel is on the LEFT side.

From Northbound I-95 - Take I-95 N to Exit 8 (Ridley Park). Stay to the RIGHT and merge onto S. Stewart Ave. Turn LEFT onto Industrial Highway. The Clarion Hotel is on the RIGHT side.

Public Transportation - Accessible by SEPTA Bus Route 37

Google Map to Philadelphia Comic Book Convention

For Information or Dealers' Tables

Phone: (856) 217-5737

Email: dwoywood@yahoo.com

Official Website: www.philadelphiacomic-con.com

Next Show

The next show will be on April 24.

good thing I saw this, I've got a flyer that says the show was supposed to be this Sunday (3/6/16)

Yes, I'm glad you saw it. Derek told me the hotel cancelled the Mar 6 date and Mar 20 was the only other available Sunday in the month.

ion comics will be setting up in the usual spot. I will be bringing 9-10 long boxes of Copper and Modern comic goodness.

Please PM me if there are books you are looking for and I will try to fulfill your requests!

See you all in one week!

Meck

Love Derek's show... always good material in the room. I'll be there as usual. :headbang:

For a smaller show, there is a surprising group of high-quality dealers with diverse focus and offerings. You'd really expect a dealer line up like this from a much larger venue. I find quality books from nearly everyone there. BSD dealers like Al Stoltz and Baltimore's Marc Nathan are often present too.

Love Derek's show... always good material in the room. I'll be there as usual. :headbang:

For a smaller show, there is a surprising group of high-quality dealers with diverse focus and offerings. You'd really expect a dealer line up like this from a much larger venue. I find quality books from nearly everyone there. BSD dealers like Al Stoltz and Baltimore's Marc Nathan are often present too.

Yup, it's a great buying show and to expand on what Bruce said a bit:

All American Comics (Dave Reynolds and his partner Greg(?) whose name I can never remember ....both nice guys with tons of fairly priced GA and SA) are usually there, as well as Gary Platt...all of these guys are the sorts of dealers you'd see at bigger shows.

Last time I was at that show, as a buyer, I was flipping thru Platt''s boxes and saw a GI Combat 91, looked to be about a 5.0 or so...priced at about $90.

....Plunderpalace and Chestercopperpot,...(Mark & Joe Walsh)...two old buddies of mine, who will be bringing a LOT of new aqquisitions to this show.

....and to any boardies who may be considering going to Philly, if you go......stop by the Walsh bros. tables and tell 'em that Colin O'Malley sent ya over, for a CGC boardie hookup ;)

Bruce did you end up buying the entire show out ?