• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Amazing Fantasy 15

35 posts in this topic

How about the cleaning and pressing or does this make any difference?

Great looking book, Rick. With all due respect to CD, I wouldn't clean it or press it. A re-holder for sure if the scratches bum you out, but from the looks of it, you're not going to improve the grade by messing with it. In fact, even a pro would be ultra-cautious, because dry-cleaning a fragile book is always a risk.

The grade would just as likely go up .5 with another grading on a different day. ;)

I think the grade limiting factors are the chip at the URFC and the color loss along the spine.

If you are thinking about reholdering, I would pay for graders notes and see if there are any issues with the spine (unless they don't put that kind of info in). 2nd option would be to send it to a professional presser/restorer like Matt N from CCS to evaluate the book for you. He is honest and up front on whether a book can be pressed or should be left alone.

If you are thinking about reholdering, I would pay for graders notes and see if there are any issues with the spine (unless they don't put that kind of info in). 2nd option would be to send it to a professional presser/restorer like Matt N from CCS to evaluate the book for you. He is honest and up front on whether a book can be pressed or should be left alone.

This is exactly what I have done, its in the right hands as we speak. With the graders notes and all.

This is exactly what I have done, its in the right hands as we speak. With the graders notes and all.

Good luck! (thumbs u