• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boring Question that has probably been asked 100 times

31 posts in this topic

TPB is the clear winner out of those two covers imo, but I'd consider waiting for an A quality piece or making offers to owners of Chew covers on CAF before pulling the trigger on either of those.

Alright. I'll post both since I've went ahead with the purchase. Big fan of Chew and it's getting close to ending so I wanted to grab something before it did. I got the Volume 5 Hardcover cover.

The cover that I didn't like as much was for number 48.

Well, I will tell you that as someone who hasn't read Chew I can appreciate the image of the TPB cover on its own, whereas the character design nature of the cover to issue 48 does nothing to me because I'm not familiar with the characters themselves.

The characters on 48 are not big time main characters to me anyways, whereas the hardcover character is one of the main Villians. One reason I preferred it other than it just looks better to me.

I came up with 2 results for TPB 5, is it the one with the big vampire or the guys playing baseball.

Both are superior (IMO) to the 48 cover. But I'd rather have the baseball one.

The one I got was the Vampire one. It's the hardback cover. I don't buy the tpb but I do buy the hardcovers so I'm partial to those. Still will be keeping an eye out for a floppy cover

at one time you had to be on a waiting list for Chew covers, but I think Rob has gone away from that system. You can always try to email them if you see an upcoming cover you like or a page in a recent release before it hits Rob's website. the series is ending in a few issues, however.

I keep my eye on the Chew OA market and the covers don't come up for sale on the secondary market often although there have been 2 on ebay recently (the #19 variant cover and the TPB 3 cover). As an owner of two of the HC covers (books 2 & 3), I'm very happy with my Chew OA :)

at one time you had to be on a waiting list for Chew covers, but I think Rob has gone away from that system. You can always try to email them if you see an upcoming cover you like or a page in a recent release before it hits Rob's website. the series is ending in a few issues, however.

I keep my eye on the Chew OA market and the covers don't come up for sale on the secondary market often although there have been 2 on ebay recently (the #19 variant cover and the TPB 3 cover). As an owner of two of the HC covers (books 2 & 3), I'm very happy with my Chew OA :)

I tried emailing thru the site and his email on his Twitter page and haven't got a response yet. Been nearly a week but when new covers come out I will try. I am on the list but they said they don't really use it anymore.

Also really like the #2 hc cover. Congrats on that one

I shrug it off... published art is published art. If you like the image then why not?

I recently picked this up and it is on its way to me from Spain. This is the cover from a GI Joe TPB specially made for the production of the TPB.

Now when it comes down to original pencils vs inked blueline, I will take the original pencils over inked blueline.

But, I am very happy to pick up a badazz Snake Eyes cover either way.

s-l1600.jpg

Another question I had was if a piece is done in pencil/ink or whatever and inked on a separate board and you get both I'm assuming the original pencils are worth the most. Is the other inked one still worth something? Should they be kept together as a set?

Another question I had was if a piece is done in pencil/ink or whatever and inked on a separate board and you get both I'm assuming the original pencils are worth the most. Is the other inked one still worth something? Should they be kept together as a set?

I believe the hard and fast rule of thumb as long as the inker isn't someone famous (aka todd McFarlane inking over danny do-good's pencils). is about 1/3 for the inks 2/3 for the pencils.

I believe the hard and fast rule of thumb as long as the inker isn't someone famous (aka todd McFarlane inking over danny do-good's pencils). is about 1/3 for the inks 2/3 for the pencils.

Cool. Good to know.

Got a quote on framing today and thanks to the info here I made sure to tell them no glue and no tape so they are going to do overlapping matting. My question is both glasses are uv protective. The regular one is 109 and the shatterproof is 199. Is it worth 90 extra dollars? Said it doesn't protect any better exact it shouldn't shatter if dropped.