• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Cleveland 2016 Report

28 posts in this topic

Thanks for sharing your report with photos!

Didn't go last year as planned because of the weather. This year, I didn't even bother going and the weather turned out balmy.

:ohnoez:

Looks like there were some good comic dealers there, but was there enough variety to feed the crowds?

Thanks for posting up some pictures, Mike! I'm hoping to put together a detailed Con report (especially after asking for advice on my booth layout) but I definitely want to say thanks for all the help on Friday and Sunday. You went above and beyond and it definitely wouldn't have gone as smoothly without your help. A dealer badge has your name on it whenever you are available.

Thanks for sharing your report with photos!

Didn't go last year as planned because of the weather. This year, I didn't even bother going and the weather turned out balmy.

:ohnoez:

Looks like there were some good comic dealers there, but was there enough variety to feed the crowds?

The weather helped this year I think. Friday was a little chilly, but Sat/Sun just had crazy winds. As opposed to last year Saturday there was like a foot of snow on the ground.

Most of the comic booths had steady traffic from what I observed wandering around, though I can't speak to actual purchases. There seemed to be a good mix of silver/copper/bronze/modern with a very small amount of gold. There were a couple guys who sort of walled themselves into the booths with boxes and that didn't seem like a very inviting setup but overall people seemed pretty engaged.

There was a ton of stuff that wasn't specifically comic related though like I said. More Funko Pops than I've ever seen in one place. Lots and lots of toy vendors, from statues to action figures to higher end stuff. A few card (MTG, Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokémon) vendors and lots of people selling posters and art prints. The best was I can describe it would be as a pop-culture convention with some comic enthusiasts but there was a lot to see.

Thanks for posting up some pictures, Mike! I'm hoping to put together a detailed Con report (especially after asking for advice on my booth layout) but I definitely want to say thanks for all the help on Friday and Sunday. You went above and beyond and it definitely wouldn't have gone as smoothly without your help. A dealer badge has your name on it whenever you are available.

It was a blast helping Andrew! I imagine most people look forward to your report from someone in the trenches as it were, and I'll absolutely help whenever I'm available. Was great to meet you and your wife, and overall I think your booth flowed very well :)

Based on the way it grew from 2015 to 2016 I'd be pretty surprised if they didn't do another one but I won't pretend to be able to predict their plans.

Its has been late Feb the past few years, so despite the fact that the time frame can clash horribly with Cleveland weather, I imagine it would be around then again.

If there are enough boardies planning to attend next year we should set up a dinner or something :)

I tried this year but failed miserably but maybe it was me:).

Looks like the 2017 show is now on the schedule. Based on two great years Id expect it to be here to stay.