• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trina Robbins public lecture -- Manhattan, KS on March 4th

10 posts in this topic

This afternoon! I plan to go.

Please do a small report here. I'm a fan of Trina. We are working with her in SF this year & I'm pretty thrilled.

Well, I don't have an enormous report but it was an interesting and enjoyable lecture. She talked about the history of early women cartoonists in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Much of what she had to say was new to me. She only spoke for about half an hour, but I was glad I had the opportunity to go and hear her speak.

IMG_0107.jpg

:applause:

I built a con around her as the main guest of honor. She is a firecracker and has so much energy I loved her. She went out of the way to make sure local women artists got noticed. She stole the show is all I can say not to mention put me into contact with other women artists in the area to bring out.

In the late 70's, she taught a class about comics for kids (I think I was 11 or 12). She showed us how to set up pages, taught us a bit of history, and bit of story-telling technique. She had us all draw our own comics and then she put them all together in a book at the end of the semester! I wish I still had that. She's the reason I became a working artist! Can't wait to see her in SF!

In the late 70's, she taught a class about comics for kids (I think I was 11 or 12). She showed us how to set up pages, taught us a bit of history, and bit of story-telling technique. She had us all draw our own comics and then she put them all together in a book at the end of the semester! I wish I still had that. She's the reason I became a working artist! Can't wait to see her in SF!

:o(worship)