• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bigger scans! - Back covers soon! - PGC Mint website

11 posts in this topic

Hi

Many of you have asked that I increase the size off my scans for books shown on my website and many have asked that I include a back cover scan at least on the older or more valuable books.

I have listened and it is done. All scans from here on out will be twice the size as before.

Most of the more valuable books will also include a back cover scan. I will improve this over the next few months but I have started.

I will always describe the back cover when no scan is available and make a note of any arrival marking for you because I realize that is important to some collectors.

Take care,

Mark

PGC Mint - Huge assortment of CGC graded NM books

OK, great question Bob.

To see the new scans, Click on the RECENT ADDITIONS button when you are on the HOME page of my website. It is about the the left side of the page under the heading "Search my catalog".

As I add more books they will always have the bigger scans. When I get the time I will rescan the existing inventory but that will be a longer process.

As for articles, I will soon start writing again. I have been watching the hobby and mulling many things over. I have a lot of comments to make but needed better information in order to give a more helpful account.

One of my articles will be on pressing of books. That seems to be a hot topic and there is a tremendous amount of misinformation being tossed around. I just buy and sell CGC graded books and rarely send in books for grading that are raw, so I have been out of this controversial loop but I do need to inject some input.

all my best,

mark

PGC Mint - Huge assortment of CGC graded NM books

Hi Tim

It was an email but I used the board because I received a few emails about this same issue and I answered it this way in case anyone else had similar comments.

Mark

27_laughing.gif I know Mark, just giving you a hard time! grin.gif

Hi

Many of you have asked that I increase the size off my scans for books shown on my website and many have asked that I include a back cover scan at least on the older or more valuable books.

I have listened and it is done. All scans from here on out will be twice the size as before.

Most of the more valuable books will also include a back cover scan. I will improve this over the next few months but I have started.

Sure, sure, just copy my MO on the eve of my grand unveiling! frustrated.gif

Good for you Mark! I look forward to looking through your always fantastic and impressive books, and doing more business with you. 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Sure, sure, just copy my MO on the eve of my grand unveiling! frustrated.gif

Good for you Mark! I look forward to looking through your always fantastic and impressive books, and doing more business with you. 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Thanks Mark

And sorrry about that! We are in a very consumer conscience market and like you, I relaize how important large scans and back covers are to some customers.

Remember the good old days? A small black and white pic in a newsprint catalog would light up the eyes of most collectors smile.gif

Things have definately changed!

Mark