• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

10 day auction fee - is it worth it?

6 posts in this topic

I am considering running some eBay auctions for 10 days instead of 7. Anyone have any thoughts on if it is worth the extra 10 cents in fees? I'm thinking of starting them on Thursday evening. That way they will run through one entire weekend and finish up on the following Sunday evening.

I use to do that when I first began selling. Don't.

I used the counters & kept track: lots of hits Sunday evening, very few hits Thursday evening (Friends, Survivor, ER, CSI...?)

Believe it or not, I do much better with 10 day auctions from Wed-Sat. evening. Guess Wednesday isn't much of a tv night.

It's either that or the straight 7-day job.

Rick

I don't know which is better, but I run my auctions for 10 days (thurs-sun as you suggest) with the theory being that this timeframe gives you 4 full weekend days where your auction would show up in any searches. However, you don't get the great "revealing" of your auctions on a weekend (for those users that actually view the complete listings daily.) So, I guess it comes down to the relative cost of the 10-cent fee vs. what you expect the auction to end at, and whether or not most users "search" for books, or simply view every new listing. I smell a POLL!!! laugh.gif

Well, I think that when it comes to big books, the people likely to buy them are hard at it. Which means they browse through ebay daily or so.

Therefore, it's a loss of time and money to opt for 10 days.

Besides, don't forget everything important in an auction takes place in the last minute... tongue.gif