• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Avengers 20

14 posts in this topic

Looking at the back cover, top staple area, some funny things going on. There is staple stress, approaching a tear and what looks like a burnt spot. It almost looks lie a tack iron mishap ? I'm at 7.5 .

What flaws are you guys seeing?

The main defect is the big tear on bc near the "Wallace Brown" otherwise it is a gorgeous hg copy

Picky, I know you generally don't like pressed books (neither do I), do you see what I am talking about on the BC, the 'burnt' spot. I've seen that kind of thing before from a tack iron (spot press) mishap.

What flaws are you guys seeing?

The main defect is the big tear on bc near the "Wallace Brown" otherwise it is a gorgeous hg copy

Picky, I know you generally don't like pressed books (neither do I), do you see what I am talking about on the BC, the 'burnt' spot. I've seen that kind of thing before from a tack iron (spot press) mishap.

Looks worse on scan than reality. Book does not look pressed at all (has some light ncb wear around that tear)

The loss of color is coming from the moisture damage.

:facepalm:

The white spots seem to be part of the art or maybe printing defect. No moisture damage there..