• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So I bought this Werewolf By Night art by Manco....

18 posts in this topic

I thought it was the cover for one of the Strange Tales #1-2 issues from 1998 or possibly the Werewolf by Night series from the same year, but I'm not seeing that in image results. Does anyone have those issues to look and see if it's a splash from one of them? I can't find any record of this image online...

blqCsI.jpg

Any help greatly appreciated..

It's not in Strange Tales #1-#2 (1998) and it's not in WWBN #1-#6 (1998).
Well durn. Thanks for the response Greg. I could have sworn the guy I got it from said cover, but I guess I misunderstood him. Now the question is it was ever actually published. I guess it could also have just been an unused cover too considering my source.

I've got quite a few pages of Manco work from Blaze of Glory & Werewolf by Night. All are clearly marked at the top with Issue & Page Number. The Werewolf by Night series was cancelled suddenly, I've got a splash marked Issue #7 that was published in Strange Tales #1 (i think). Spencer Beck had art from issue #7-9 at one point, I don't remember ever seeing some of it published.

Can you give us a right-side-up scan and tell us if it has anything at all on the back? Boomtown is right about the sudden cancellation (it was very odd) so it may very well be unused.

Sorry I can't help ID where it's from but it is an awesome piece by far!

Is that the twin towers in the background? :headbang:

It almost looks like it was from a 70's black and white Marvel mag!

Frame that baby and display it proudly!

A whole bunch of his work has sold recently at auction.

I'd look them up and post some links but your sig-line gifs have triggered a seizure.

Thanks! I should be able to find out a bit more soon. I'm pretty sure it was a "to be used" cover from a cancelled series at this point.

I don't believe this image is an unpublished cover from the cancelled series because all of the published covers are incredibly gorgeous paintings

Thanks! I should be able to find out a bit more soon. I'm pretty sure it was a "to be used" cover from a cancelled series at this point.

I don't believe this image is an unpublished cover from the cancelled series because all of the published covers are incredibly gorgeous paintings

That might point to it being an unused cover for the first issue before they decided to have painted covers. Only a slight chance of this but it came from somewhere. (shrug)

It could be a tryout piece as well, Manco warming up to the character. It could be a pretty awesome commission.

It does not seem to be published though, does it? A pity as it's very groovy.

HI, all:

I've got all six original painted covers to Werewolf by Night for sale on Heritage, painted mainly with water colour (although some do contain mixed media).

#1 is a wrap-around cover, and #6 features a guest appearance by Ghost Rider.

Some are playful, others are moody, while others still are terrifying.

All are wonderful in their own way, and if you've never heard of Leonardo Manco, please take a minute or two and look at the following link:

http://comics.ha.com/c/search-results.zx...arch-A-K-071316