• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Venom Movie
3 3

1,187 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I think the box office of this is going to surprise a lot of people. Would not surprise me that it beats Aquaman at the box office.

Not trying to detract from your prediction. Comparing a Tom Hardy-led movie to a Jason Momoa-led movie, please don't feel let down if you are not classified as the Nostradamus of comic book movie prognosticators.

:baiting:

Edited by Bosco685

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Not trying to detract from your prediction. Comparing a Tom Hardy-led movie to a Jason Momoa-led movie, please don't feel let down if you are not classified as the Nostradamus of comic book movie prognosticators.

:baiting:

People are really underestimating the popularity of Venom while overestimating the popularity of Aquaman.

Venom has the 1990s nostalgia going for it which is huge. Venom thanks to Todd McFarlane was one of the most popular characters of the 1990s like Deadpool. In fact Venom was more popular. Add in the Holland tie in and people will flock to this.

Aquaman. No disrespect to any Aquaman fans, but Aquaman was a ongoing joke on Entourage. btw I like Aquaman and look forward to it. I am just saying don't be surprised at Aquaman's box office results compared to Venom. :foryou:

These Sony movies Venom and Silver Sable and Black Cat will actually make money.

I guess we will find out soon.

Venom/Release date

October 5, 2018

vs.

Aquaman/Release date

December 21, 2018

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

9 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

People are really underestimating the popularity of Venom while overestimating the popularity of Aquaman.

Sorry - where is this contest of movies being debated, and people are predicting Aquaman will be this massive hit?

10 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Sorry - where is this contest of movies being debated, and people are predicting Aquaman will be this massive hit?

I just get a vibe people are underestimating Venom like it will do poorly at the box office compared to Aquaman.  

I say when it's all said and done there will be more Venom movies made than Aquaman.

Venom is very popular with the Generation Z and the Millennial crowd,while I would expect Aquaman to have the lowest box office of the new DC movies since Man of Steel debuted.

DC's brand is damaged, and unfortunately no matter how good Aquaman is people will not go and see it in big numbers.

so Venom for the win.

3 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I just get a vibe people are underestimating Venom like it will do poorly at the box office compared to Aquaman.  

I say when it's all said and done there will be more Venom movies made than Aquaman.

Venom is very popular with the Generation Z and the Millennial crowd,while I would expect Aquaman to have the lowest box office of the new DC movies since Man of Steel debuted.

DC's brand is damaged, and unfortunately no matter how good Aquaman is people will not go and see it in big numbers.

so Venom for the win.

So your perceived competition between these two movies versus reality? Understood.

Although, I would not count out James Wan's abilities to pull off an amazing production that may stand out from the other DC films.

Also to add fuel to the fire. You will notice only two movie threads on this page having a lightning bolt next to them do to popular activity.

One is the Star Wars Last Jedi thread, and the other is this Venom thread. To me this shows there will be much interest.

1 minute ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

Is Carnage going to be in the movie? 

hm

Did Tom Hardy Just Reveal That Carnage Is in the 'Venom' Movie?

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/01/16/tom-hardy-venom-movie-carnage-photo/

Tom Hardy Reveals Venom Carnage Image on Instagram

The image of Hardy as Venom is framed by Venom's nemesis, Carnage, who has been rumored to be the antagonist of this Venom movie for some time. Last we heard, Rogue One actor Riz Ahmed was rumored to be in talks for the Carnage role, but there have been no hard confirmation or denial of that, since the rumor began. More recently, the official first-look photo of Hardy as Eddie Brock was released, and an Easter egg within that photo points to Venom's other symbiote offspring (five soldiers of the evil "Life Foundation" bonded to symbiote suits) definitely being in the film. If that's the storyline, then having Carnage be one of those offspring makes sense.

16 minutes ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

:baiting:stirrer lol

Well, he had just come from a huge convention where the theme was 'Which film will get more attention: a major Spider-Man villain led by one of the most recognized actors across all of Hollywood, or the movie trying to make decades of jokes about speaking with fishes finally cool'.

:facepalm:

On 1/27/2018 at 12:41 PM, Bosco685 said:

Here's the real competition: Venom vs. Deadpool 2

maxresdefault.jpg

- Deadpool 2: May 18, 2018

- Venom: Oct 5, 2018

My money is on Deadpool 2.

Shouldn’t be a contest.  Aquaman vs Venom will be closer and will really come down to rotten tomatoe scores.  If one is terrible then it could be close.

3 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Shouldn’t be a contest.  Aquaman vs Venom will be closer and will really come down to rotten tomatoe scores.  If one is terrible then it could be close.

Agreed Deadpool will win easy, but Venom should beat Aquaman.  I expect Venom to get some of the Halloween crowd  Looking at the schedule I see Aquaman going against Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse, Bumble Bee, Mary Poppins Returns and the Queen movie Bohemian Rhapsody.

Aquaman sure has some tough competition ahead, much more than Venom has.

8 hours ago, 1Cool said:

If it was just about one comic book movie to another, on equal footing, sure you could logically say there is some competition between them. But we are talking about Tom Hardy (one of the biggest of the A-listers) and a major Spider-Man villain known to many not only due to comic books. But also due to Spider-Man 3.

That's why Fox's Deadpool versus Sony's Venom is a more fitting competition. They are on equal footing with the two biggest Copper Age characters, with the fitting acting match of Ryan Reynolds versus the acting power of Tom Hardy.

5 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Agreed Deadpool will win easy, but Venom should beat Aquaman.  I expect Venom to get some of the Halloween crowd  Looking at the schedule I see Aquaman going against Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse, Bumble Bee, Mary Poppins Returns and the Queen movie Bohemian Rhapsody.

Aquaman sure has some tough competition ahead, much more than Venom has.

- Venom: October 5, 2018

- First Man The Life of Neil Armstrong: October 12. 2018

- Goosebumps 2: October 12. 2018

- Halloween: October 19. 2018

- X-Men: Dark Phoenix: November 2, 2018

- Disney's Mulan (Live): November 2, 2018

- Fantastic Beasts - The Crimes of Grindelwald: November 16, 2018

- Creed 2: November 21, 2018

- Ralph Breaks the Internet - Wreck-It Ralph 2: November 21, 2018

- Spider-Man - Into The Spider-Verse (3D): December 14, 2018

- Bumblebee: December 21, 2018

- Aquaman: December 21, 2018

Looks like they both have plenty of family-based movie competition, mixed with action and Sci-Fi films.

20 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

- Venom: October 5, 2018

- First Man The Life of Neil Armstrong: October 12. 2018

- Goosebumps 2: October 12. 2018

- Halloween: October 19. 2018

- X-Men: Dark Phoenix: November 2, 2018

- Disney's Mulan (Live): November 2, 2018

- Fantastic Beasts - The Crimes of Grindelwald: November 16, 2018

- Creed 2: November 21, 2018

- Ralph Breaks the Internet - Wreck-It Ralph 2: November 21, 2018

- Spider-Man - Into The Spider-Verse (3D): December 14, 2018

- Bumblebee: December 21, 2018

- Aquaman: December 21, 2018

Looks like they both have plenty of family-based movie competition, mixed with action and Sci-Fi films.

What a line up, much stronger than the same time period a year earlier when we only had Justice League and Star Wars Last Jedi to really see.

I want to see all of them, and I bet the crowd does as well. 

Should be fun to look back at all those movies to see which ones come out on top at the box office.