• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Venom Movie
3 3

1,187 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

What a line up, much stronger than the same time period a year earlier when we only had Justice League and Star Wars Last Jedi to really see.

I want to see all of them, and I bet the crowd does as well. 

Should be fun to look back at all those movies to see which ones come out on top at the box office.

My money is on the Harry Potter wanta bee.

2 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

This is the first movie where I honestly think the trailer (or whenever Venom will first appear) will make or break it.  The CGI on this has to be flawless.

***Bumblebee...really?!?!?!:facepalm:

I agree but I also think the movie really comes down to how likable Brock turns out to be so people really care about the character.  Punisher series has been a pretty big hit since people finally have an adaption of Frank they liked and could care if he lived or died.

Edited by 1Cool

1 hour ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

This is the first movie where I honestly think the trailer (or whenever Venom will first appear) will make or break it.  The CGI on this has to be flawless.

***Bumblebee...really?!?!?!:facepalm:

Agree on the CGI.

I wouldn't count out Bumblebee just yet. Next to Optimus Prime, he is extremely popular. Now if they can deliver this with a story versus massive explosives throughout...

I don't know about this -- and by this project, I mean that it's apparently based on the Lethal Protector storyline.

I am _in_ for a dark, noir solo Venom film that shows Tom Hardy as Eddie Brock slowly descending into madness.

That said, I am mad skeptical about bringing in Carnage and a bunch of other symbiotes in this first true go at it.

Spider-Man 3 was a disappointment on so many levels, but at least they got the bell scene right.

This could be an excellent thriller as a small character study -- bringing in 3-4 other symbiotes this early though makes me queasy.

I'm looking forward to seeing the trailer ... but I'm all sorts of skeptical about this movie. 

Don't get me wrong, I love Venom.  But if you ask anyone to  explain Venom to someone who has never heard of the character... there's no way they get a dozen words into that explanation before "Spider-Man" comes up.   So I just don't see how the filmmakers crack the code of doing a Venom move that ignores, or completely downplays Spider-Man.  But like I said... I'm looking forward to the trailer!

Edited by fmaz

5 hours ago, fmaz said:

So I just don't see how the filmmakers crack the code of doing a Venom move that ignores, or completely downplays Spider-Man.

One way is that the symbiote's appearance on Brock never HAD to resemble Spider-Man's suit, it just did because he had originally bonded with him.  They could have it look vaguely similar to the classic suit appearance but tie it to something else entirely than Spider-Man himself.

Example--symbiote binds to Brock on Halloween.  Brock sees a kid in a Spider-Man costume out trick-or-treating and assumes a form similar to the kid simply because it's the first thing it was exposed to.  Another example--symbiote binds to Brock at a Halloween party.  He came dressed as Spider-Man, but the costume gets wrecked during the binding, so the symbiote replaces it with a horror-inspired version of the suit he was wearing.  Yet another example--symbiote binds with Brock.  Brock hates someone who is a big Spider-Man fan and immediately decides he wants to get revenge or retribution against the guy, so he has the symbiote transform into a horrific vision of Spider-Man to taunt his victim.

Or you could come up with examples where the suit ends up looking vaguely similar to Spider-Man but wasn't directly inspired by him or someone dressed as him at all.

Edited by fantastic_four

57 minutes ago, valiantman said:

That article says the toys' designs are based upon the comics, not the movie

That teaser felt like a movie that the filmmakers shot a bunch of footage for, but aren't sure what to do with it yet.  Hope they have a plan for it.

It looks like Eddie Brock is telekinetic in this.  And was that a UFO crashed in the woods?  Assuming the symbiote crawls out of that and attaches itself to Brock.

5 minutes ago, larryfk said:

And was that a UFO crashed in the woods?  Assuming the symbiote crawls out of that and attaches itself to Brock.

That's what it looked like.  That's the same way it got to Earth in Spider-Man 3 as well.  That seems like the most obvious replacement for Spider-Man going to that alien planet from the old Secret Wars comic where the symbiote first appeared.

mike-zeck-signed-signature-autograph-art