• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED AND DONE THANKS! A Ton of Cool Stuff from the Junk Pile! With Freebies!

113 posts in this topic

Hi Gang

Was going to do this next weekend but a nasty El Nino rolled in last night and ruined my flea market shopping today. So, what better to do on a cold rainy day than to do this today instead!

I've been buying more than I've been selling these days and really need to "thin the herd". Some of this I've had for decades and some for a few weeks. Most are upgrades. Most are low grade. The high grade slab crowd might as well move on to the Clink and Heritage threads. These items are for those who usually don't get a chance at the cool stuff because of high prices and want cool readers and hole fillers until you can upgrade like I do.

I will be listing a ton of stuff today. GA/SA Superhero, Horror, Crime, GGA, Pulps and lot of classic covers and issues. As well as some non-comic book surprises thrown in for fun. They will all be mixed up and posted as I go through the pile. So you won't see all the horror stuff at once for example. So grab some coffee or beverage of your choice and let's have some fun.

RULES: READ BEFORE POSTING!

No problem children or HOS members.

Postage is $5.00 each for comic, very well packaged. I will combine postage on multiple purchases. All will come with tracking. Some items will be more or less. I will note postage with the price on those.

I prefer to sell only to US addresses but might make an exception if I know you.

PM's and offers... I am trying to sell this stuff and want to get as much listed as I can. I try to price fairly. I probably won't have a lot of time to review PMs if I want to get this stuff listed. An "I'LL TAKE IT" icon takes it first. So, keep that in mind if you want something. When I get done, I will review PMs (in order of when they came in). If you have a question (other than a lower offer) post it and I will try to answer you.

Payment is by PayPal within 3 days FIRM. I will also take checks and money orders if you let me know after I send you an invoice. I will hopefully list everything today and leave this up through tomorrow. I will send out invoices out tomorrow evening.

Returns: No hassle returns within two weeks from when tracking says it was delivered. Return postage is on you unless I make a gross error and in that case I will "man-up" and pay return postage. I don't expect any returns though as I've only had 3 or 4 in 40 years.

This stuff all comes from a smoke filled, varmit infested, mouldy junk house. (Just kidding!) Here we go...

Claimed by Incredible Pulp!

Just for fun and to show you I'm a fun guy, Lets start off with the first freebee. This and any other freebees go to the first purchase after it is listed and must be claimed by title after you post an I"LL TAKE IT on another book.

Flying Cadet 2#7 Sept 1944 Cool WWII book full of photos and illustrations.

freeflyingcadet_zpsykqud0h4.jpg

Sold to Incredible Pulp. Thanks for your patronage!

Sensation #69 Sept 1947 Wonder Woman is hot right now and cheap Sensations are hard to come by. Nice Roy Rogers Schwinn Bikes last page.

This copy is missing back cover. It has a small chunk out of the cover at top. Has 3 small pieces of masking tape on the spine. Cover has wrinkles and light creasing. The book is otherwise complete with nice off white/white pages. $38.00

comsensation1_zpsiprjiz90.jpg

comsensation2_zps7u1krlbe.jpg

Manhunt #4 Great title.This is one of my favorites also with a surealistic cover. Added bonus L. B. Cole art. Great Funnyman #1 back cover ad.

It has a 3" tear at top of spine. A few minor creases and tiny chips off bottom corners.

Cover and centerfold still bound well to book. Interior paper is cream to off white and supple. $35.00

commanhunt4a_zpsdb7mrajf.jpg

commanhunt4b_zpsjqqi01kg.jpg

CLAIMED!

How 'bout annother freebee! Since it's Sunday how about Bible Tales for young Folks #4? It's got some cool art by Jerry Robinson, Gene Colan and Reinman and is supposedly scarce.

Cover detached from book and a little chippy at spine. Low grade but FREE to the next purchaser of a book that claims it!

freebibletales_zpsfl7fnqbw.jpg

OK, lets switch paddles again and check out a cool pulp?

Dynamic Science Stories Pulp April/May 1939 (PULP) Classic Saunders cover featuring: bondage, Hitler & horned devils.

A nice, clean bright, tight copy. Has numerous small creases, edge tears and rounding of corners. Paper on spine is complete and fairly square. Interior paper is pretty nice for a pulp. Creamy and supple. $50.00

pulpdynamic1_zps1tphaewg.jpg

pulpdynamic2_zpsyfk61enk.jpg

pulpdynamic3_zpsjnu6a3dr.jpg

Speed Comics #41 Jan 1946 These are hot these days. Nice WWII cover.

A pretty nice copy. Has a upper right rounded corner and small chip at bottom right corner. Back cover has a few thin, light creases and a small 1" tear at top. No other major faults. Cover and centerfold are bound well to book. Interior paper is yellowed but supple with no tears or creases. $125.00

comspeed41a_zpsklhmbdpd.jpg

comspeed41b_zpswck6qkqi.jpg

Suzie #74 April 1950. These are also very hot right now. Lots of great good girl art in these! Yes, there will be a few more...

Top staple is a little rusty and detached from book. Some spine creasing and other small creases. Centerfold is neatly detached. Back cover has some minor paper loss at top edge. Light moisture stains at top left corner and top of book all the way through. Off white to white interior pages. $20.00

comsuzie74a_zpsdkims7xu.jpg

comsuzie74b_zpstmwjixx1.jpg

Mixing it up again! How's this for weird?

ALFRED E. NEUMAN 1940’s Pre-MAD Large Matchbook “Adamcik’s Café, TX. Has early pre-MAD Alfred with “Me Worry?’ on one side. Books of matches has all un-used picture matches in side. Excellent condition. Also included is another pre-MAD Alfred postcard. $35. + $3.50 postage.

neumanmatchbook1_zpsserqfxzc.jpg

neumanmatchbook2_zpszl8pfkyj.jpg

Sold to Incredibile Pulp!

Out of the Night #3 June-July 1952 Surprisingly good pre-code horror from ACG with some GGA and bondage for good measure.

Cover is neatly split at spine but still attached. Some small minor tears and creases. Book is complete with slightly yellowed supple pages. $25.

comoutofnight3a_zpszi6rnv3r.jpg

comoutofnight3b_zpsgaduwao1.jpg

Out of the Night #3 June-July 1952 Surprisingly good pre-code horror from ACG with some GGA and bondage for good measure.

Cover is neatly split at spine but still attached. Some small minor tears and creases. Book is complete with slightly yellowed supple pages. $25.

:takeit:

SOLD VIA PM!

Crime Reporter #2 1948 Classic Matt Baker cover and used in Seduction of the Innocent. An illustration of the girl with spread legs and a red hot poker!

Sadly, this is a tragic mess... Torn, dirty, split, chippy with tears, creases, rounded corners, tape and pieces missing. Fragile and just plain poor. I had this copy a long time before I upgraded to a nice one. This is for the Baker collector that just needs a hole filler like I did. One of my favorite Baker covers and great content. $45.00

comcrimereporter2a_zps14gv3ejz.jpg

comcrimereporter2b_zpso36djmie.jpg

:takeit:

Sold to Incredible Pulp. Thanks for your patronage again!