• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED AND DONE THANKS! A Ton of Cool Stuff from the Junk Pile! With Freebies!

113 posts in this topic

How about a cool Silver Age Book?

GI Combat #114 Oct-Nov 1965 "Battle Origin of the Haunted Tank!" Hard to find DC war book with a great Russ Heath cover. $45.00

This copy has some long bends/creases top to bottom that do not break color along the left side. Could probably be pressed out. Light waterstain at staples and at the top of book. No other major damage. Book and centerfold are still bound well to covers. Interior paper is very slightly yellowed but supple with no creases or tears. Bright color!

comgicombat114a_zps8dsktvzr.jpg

comgicombat114b_zpscvt1mtjw.jpg

SOLD!

Beware #11 Sept 1954 Trojan Publications Classic Comic Artist cover! Gory Jay Disbrow story. Hypos, corpses, creamation, stabbing/heart torn out and good girl art.

$35.00

A worn but sound complete copy. Both staples are pulled from cover. Numerous small tears and creases. Back cover upper corner is just holding on. Many interior pages have a crease in upper right corner. A good filler until you can upgrade.

combeware13a_zps5nxriocd.jpg

combeware13b_zpscnqfkbtd.jpg

Beware #11 Sept 1954 Trojan Publications Classic Comic Artist cover! Gory Jay Disbrow story. Hypos, corpses, creamation, stabbing/heart torn out and good girl art.

$35.00

A worn but sound complete copy. Both staples are pulled from cover. Numerous small tears and creases. Back cover upper corner is just holding on. Many interior pages have a crease in upper right corner. A good filler until you can upgrade.

:takeit:

$35.00

Sold to Incredible Pulp. You are on a roll Man, Thanks!

Another little break in the comics. Here is something you don't see very often:

SHADOW Blue Coal Canadian Blotter, 3-1/2" x 5-3/4", (pictures a large Shadow & mentions Radio Stations in Canada). Early 1940's era. $35. + $3.50 postage

Some light waterstaining but very good condition and pretty scarce!

shadowblotter_zpsaly8abid.jpg

Annother cool Silver Age book.

Kid Colt Outlaw #107 Nov 1962 One of only 4 Kirby Monster/Western covers I believe. VERY hard to find $45.00

Small chip out of top of spine. Some very minor "Marvel chipping" on right side. A few light creases that do not break much color. Overall, light wrinkles. Cover and centerfold bound well to covers. Interior paper is off white/white and supple.

comkidcolt107a_zpswz1rodxq.jpg

comkidcolt107b_zpstq7vqxwk.jpg

This beater is Claimed!

Freebee time again. Free to next purchase after this. Claim it by title.

Target V7#12 Cool 1940's western cover.

Beat! Water stained, spine roll, tears, creases with a piece out of top. But FREE if you claim it.

freetarget_zpsv1xutuhv.jpg

Annother cool Silver Age book.

Kid Colt Outlaw #107 Nov 1962 One of only 4 Kirby Monster/Western covers I believe. VERY hard to find $45.00

Small chip out of top of spine. Some very minor "Marvel chipping" on right side. A few light creases that do not break much color. Overall, light wrinkles. Cover and centerfold bound well to covers. Interior paper is off white/white and supple.

comkidcolt107a_zpswz1rodxq.jpg

comkidcolt107b_zpstq7vqxwk.jpg

One of my fav KCO covers of all time. GLWTS!

Pulp time again!

Startling Stories March 1950. Awsome good girl art witch cover! Sexy babe in nylons flying through the air. One of my favorite pulp covers. WAS $35.00 NOW $30.00

Tight, clean copy with full paper spine. Bright color! Numerous light creases and edge tears that pulps are known for. A couple large back cover edge tears but solid with yellowed, supple paper.

pulpstartling1_zpscbz8gdhv.jpg

pulpstartling2_zpsz52fe9ux.jpg

pulpstartling3_zpsa0gwt2ye.jpg

SOLD Fast as I thought it might...

Back to Horror comics and this one is a good one. You watching Incredible Pulp?

Spellbound #17 Sept 1953 CLASSIC Bill Everett cover! One of his best and this book is simply skyrocketing these days. Nice Krigstein lead off story as a bonus. $60.00

Sadly pretty low grade. Has masking tape down the entire spine about 1/4" wide. The same masking tape is on all 4 edges inside front and back covers. Numerous creases and wrinkles. A little dirty. Small corner off margin on one interior page. Interior paper is supple and centerfold is still well bound to book. A good hole filler untill you pony up for a nice one...

comspellbound17aebay_zpszhyijvfv.jpg

comspellbound17bebay_zpsbmvmy908.jpg

Spellbound #17 Sept 1953 CLASSIC Bill Everett cover! One of his best and this book is simply skyrocketing these days. Nice Krigstein lead off story as a bonus. $60.00

Sadly pretty low grade. Has masking tape down the entire spine about 1/4" wide. The same masking tape is on all 4 edges inside front and back covers. Numerous creases and wrinkles. A little dirty. Small corner off margin on one interior page. Interior paper is supple and centerfold is still well bound to book. A good hole filler untill you pony up for a nice one...

:takeit: !!!!! Wowza!!

:takeit: !!!!! Wowza!!

Sold to Incredible Pulp. Nice snag, a great book! More in the hopper...

Air Ace Feb-March 1946 Great Atomic Bomb cover. Came out right at the end of the war probably one of the first to portray it on a comic. Explains the process. Has comics and photos. $35.00

Slight spine roll as produced. Has a small name in title. Back cover has a tiny chip out of corner. Just very minor wear with no tears ir creases. Cover andcenterfold are bound well to covers. Supple, white pages. Bright colors. Cool book!

comairace1_zpsk45d6itf.jpg

comairace2_zpsp1xwmgeb.jpg

Freebee time again. Free to next purchase after this. Claim it by title.

Target V7#12 Cool 1940's western cover.

Beat! Water stained, spine roll, tears, creases with a piece out of top. But FREE if you claim it.

freetarget_zpsv1xutuhv.jpg

:takeit: claim it

It's all yours buddy enjoy!

SOLD!

Annother departure from comics just to mix it up and because it's my thread and I love this stuff...

SUPERMAN 1948 Picture Disk Record. "The Magic Ring" by Musette Records, NY. 7" round full laminated color image of Superman, Planets ect. Looks cool spinning! Excellent condition with no fading, tears or creases. Cannot verify playability as I have no turntable to play it on. A nice displayable Golden Age Superman piece! $25. + $3.50 postage.

supermanrecord_zpskxmhuqhv.jpg

Freebee time again. If I can't sell this stuff, I might as well give it away... Free to the next purchase and claimed by title. Should I just put aside for Incredible Pulp???

Spy Hunters #20 Oct 1952 Cold War propaganda stuff.

Sold, decent reader with no major damage and nice pages.

freespyhunters_zpsdtd19zmv.jpg

Annother departure from comics just to mix it up and because it's my thread and I love this stuff...

SUPERMAN 1948 Picture Disk Record. "The Magic Ring" by Musette Records, NY. 7" round full laminated color image of Superman, Planets ect. Looks cool spinning! Excellent condition with no fading, tears or creases. Cannot verify playability as I have no turntable to play it on. A nice displayable Golden Age Superman piece! $25. + $3.50 postage.

supermanrecord_zpskxmhuqhv.jpg

SOLD!

Here's something you pulp collectors never see...

HOPALONG CASSIDY 1923 Argosy Magazine Display Sign. This sign advertises the Dec 15, 1923 issue of Argosy featuring the re-appearance of Hopalong Cassidy by Clarence E. Mulford. Illustration by Modest Stein. This poster is printed on thin slick white stock in full color and is 10" x 14". It would have been tacked on a newstand advertising this issue. Excellent, un-used example with no holes, tears, or creases. Extremely hard to find at all especially in this un-used condition! $100. + $7.00 postage.

hoppyargosy_zpsk0l793pi.jpg