• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED AND DONE THANKS! A Ton of Cool Stuff from the Junk Pile! With Freebies!

113 posts in this topic

Tales of Horror #3 Nov 1952 Great cover with the "Big Snake" I believe #8 is the one everyone wants with the full image on the blood red cover but this one is still cool. One you seldom see. $25.00

This has got some wear. Has a small ink bleed stain at bottom of front cover that bleeds in to the inside. Back cover is missing a 1" x 2-1/2" piece out of top corner. It also has a smaller spot inside back cover about 1" square that affects part of the dialog of the one page Prospector Pete one page gag story. Lots of light general wear including small creases and tiny edge creases. Cover and centerfold are well attached to book. Interior pages are yellowed but supple.

comtalesofhorror3a_zpsakgovh57.jpg

comtalesofhorror3b_zpsm6xzthn5.jpg

Well, in the immortal words of Porky Pig: "That's all Folks!". Hope you have all had some fun. It's been a long day!

I will leave this thread up untill tomorrow night just in case anyone is on the fence then I will send out invoices (unless you're done and want one sooner).

Thanks to all who lurked and mostly to all who have made purchases!

Now do what I'm gonna do, go over to Retro's cool horror thread and see what I missed...

If no one else has I will take it.

uote=Robot Man]Crime Reporter #2 1948 Classic Matt Baker cover and used in Seduction of the Innocent. An illustration of the girl with spread legs and a red hot poker!

Sadly, this is a tragic mess... Torn, dirty, split, chippy with tears, creases, rounded corners, tape and pieces missing. Fragile and just plain poor. I had this copy a long time before I upgraded to a nice one. This is for the Baker collector that just needs a hole filler like I did. One of my favorite Baker covers and great content. $45.00

comcrimereporter2a_zps14gv3ejz.jpg

comcrimereporter2b_zpso36djmie.jpg

:takeit: :takeit:

You got it Rick Thanks!

Annother Classic cover coming up!

United States Marines #3 1944 Awsome/Classic Tojo Flamethrower cover! This is war propaganda at it's finest! Half comics and half photos. Brutal book with just wild content! $100.00

Slightly oversized as printed. Has a tiny chip out of top right corner. Bottom staple pulled and top is barely attached. Has a long, thin "subscription" fold down center. Back cover has a dark stain along about 1/2 the edge. Goes into book but gets much smaller as it goes. Minor spine wear. Just general wear. Centerfold well attached.Interior paper is yellowed but supple. It wouldn't be for sale if I didn't have a better one!

comusmarines3a_zpsxya5zikd.jpg

comusmarines3b_zpsx0vuoqgv.jpg

:takeit:

Cool thread, Robot!

Is the tape on that Spellbound 17 really masking tape, or is it a paper tape? If it's paper, I believe what you have there is a "Pop" Hollinger book. That certainly looks like one of his codes in ink upper LH, but he never used masking tape, only the brown or green paper tape that you need to wet to stick. The rebuild sounds EXACTLY like the copies I've had over the years.

Annother Classic cover coming up!

United States Marines #3 1944 Awsome/Classic Tojo Flamethrower cover! This is war propaganda at it's finest! Half comics and half photos. Brutal book with just wild content! $100.00

Slightly oversized as printed. Has a tiny chip out of top right corner. Bottom staple pulled and top is barely attached. Has a long, thin "subscription" fold down center. Back cover has a dark stain along about 1/2 the edge. Goes into book but gets much smaller as it goes. Minor spine wear. Just general wear. Centerfold well attached.Interior paper is yellowed but supple. It wouldn't be for sale if I didn't have a better one!

comusmarines3a_zpsxya5zikd.jpg

comusmarines3b_zpsx0vuoqgv.jpg

:takeit:

Thanks EBE It's all yours. You will love this one!

Cool thread, Robot!

Is the tape on that Spellbound 17 really masking tape, or is it a paper tape? If it's paper, I believe what you have there is a "Pop" Hollinger book. That certainly looks like one of his codes in ink upper LH, but he never used masking tape, only the brown or green paper tape that you need to wet to stick. The rebuild sounds EXACTLY like the copies I've had over the years.

Thanks Rick you inspired me glad you had fun.

I am familiar with those and have a few. I doubt it's one of Pop's though. It was a local purchase from a non collector.

By the way, it's March and I'm flush with scratch so please send me a PM to let me know when YOUR next party will begin.

I forgot how much work doing this is. I decided to just do it all at once and be done.

Cool thread, Robot!

Thanks Rick you inspired me glad you had fun.

I am familiar with those and have a few. I doubt it's one of Pop's though. It was a local purchase from a non collector.

By the way, it's March and I'm flush with scratch so please send me a PM to let me know when YOUR next party will begin.

I forgot how much work doing this is. I decided to just do it all at once and be done.

You are in SOOOOO much trouble! Next thread starts tomorrow night! I MAY toss up a book or two up this evening just to get the ball rolling. You Have Been Warned.