• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bad Business? UPDATE: I'm making the purchase

114 posts in this topic

Stanley, I don;t think that you understand that the comments are not personal in nature but a critique and an expressed frustration over the practice of backing out of deals in general.

You committed yourself to buying the book. You buy the book. By not doing that you have tied up the item in limbo whereas it could have been sold to someone else. When people do things like what you initially did there is mass frustration because you are wasting people's time. If you commit to buying something you should honor your commitment unless you can demonstrate that the item you are about to purchase is fraudulent in some way shape or form.

ex- Seller tries to pass you off a first print and you discover it is a second or something like that.

I agree with your first statement with one exception, "Robot Man"

I initiated the post in the first place so I was asking for peoples opinions, and as you mentioned, most were comments directed at the situation, rather than the individual. I wouldn't put myself out there If I couldn't handle the heat that came with the situation.

I do have a problem with people like "Robot Man" whose comments were a personal attack, I fail to see how his comments were made in a general manner.

Nevermind the fact that I've acknowledged my mistake, apologized, and made it right with the seller prior to his comments.

I know I messed up, therefore the critiques and criticisms were perfectly fair.

Yet what "Robot Man" said was a personal attack and reeked of arrogance. I can't see how they weren't.

I still expect a certain modicum of respect and decency, both of which Robot Man lacks.

This is a great community, and part of the reason is that we police ourselves. We don't attack individuals for their mistakes, especially when they've been righted.

You're collecting comics. Arrogance is good business

I suppose, to a certain degree. But arrogance on the level that you've never erred??

It's sad, but what can you do except just avoid people like that like the plague. Now that people have learned this guy is a jerk, what comes first? Integrity or cool books?

That's business the world over."I hate the barstard but we both make a lot of money, so I deal"

Immorality is going to be the downfall.

And this is coming from someone who's never been to church

I suppose, to a certain degree. But arrogance on the level that you've never erred??

It's sad, but what can you do except just avoid people like that like the plague. Now that people have learned this guy is a jerk, what comes first? Integrity or cool books?

That's business the world over."I hate the barstard but we both make a lot of money, so I deal"

And yet Romitaman is still selling pages.

Dunno who that is, and I feel that I am fortunate

I avoid people like that like the plaque.

Dunno who that is, and I feel that I am fortunate

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9106274#Post9106274

I just read up on that scandal in the OA forum. So many things about that situation are depressingly terrible.

On the other hand, props to Stanley for admitting he made a mistake and correcting it.

I avoid people with the plague like the plague.......I think....Not sure if I'm making sense.

I just read up on that scandal in the OA forum. So many things about that situation are depressingly terrible.

On the other hand, props to Stanley for admitting he made a mistake and correcting it.

Thanks for the kind words. I was an insufficiently_thoughtful_person, plain and simple....though arguments could be made that I still am. :shrug:

I avoid people with the plague like the plague.......I think....Not sure if I'm making sense.

he means

p610.png

or

Remove-Teeth-Plaque-At-Home-Naturally-1.jpg

REALLY???

First you make a lower offer and the seller accepts, then you try to cheap out on postage and the seller offers to eat half, then you try to stall for payment and then tell the guy you found it cheaper somewhere else??? Why did you waste his time?

You made a deal, MAN-UP. I just hate buyer's like you. You probably just got put on a lot of ignore lists...

I certainly do enjoy you judgmental keyboard warrior types. Thank you for taking time to look down upon my poor wicked soul from your Ivory Tower. I am absolutely positive that your a lovely individual who is beyond reproach. Begging your forgiveness sire.

Did you not ask for the boards to judge your transaction? A transaction where you agreed to buy a book from a very understanding seller... a seller that went the extra mile to accommodate you. Andddd then you wanted to back out to save a few bucks? If you don't see how you were being a bad buyer before making this thread, that's reason enough to get on some sellers ignore lists. But, go ahead and complain about the responses you got for it.

Btw, huge congrats on completing the deal you made, only after being publicly shamed into it. Would you like a parade to show our appreciation? :screwy: