• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All-Select - Where to find?

12 posts in this topic

I've been thinking about buying a nice superhero-war cover book from the GA and have been leaning towards Timely's All-Select. I love the team-up covers featuring Cap, Subby, and the Torch taking on the bad guys. Naturally, the Schombug covers are my favorite. Even the latter issues guide pretty high for nice copies.

I've been looking for a low grade copy that I could pick up relatively cheap and have it restored. Problem is I can't find any in any grade (apart from Heritage Auctions and I don't have that kind of dough). I've checked all the usual suspects (except for Harley - he really needs to update his site) and have come up empty.

Any suggestions from some of you guys? Should I just wait until the big Cons (Philly, Baltimore) and look there? Any dealers you recommend?

I see them on ebay fairly regularly.

The All Select 1 is a nice looking book, but it is incomplete, and you would need to find a coverless copy.

And I wouldn't buy Terry's copy. It is a hole punched rag, and wouldn't be worth restoring. For the extra 100 over what you want to pay, the 11 looks like a better deal.

There's a #1 on Comiclink in Restored (Extensive) 1.5 for less than 1k.