• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This Mag #3 is heating up

112 posts in this topic

There you happy now? I'm the high bidder now :cry:

:D I'm just glad I have a copy! The seller is top notch and have never had any problems with him if that makes you feel any better.

Gary and I have been selling to each other for quite some time. I agree he is top notch.

Yeah, I think most sellers would list that copy as VG, given that the cover is not completely split.

Agreed, Gary is a top notch seller -- and he's had some really great PCH books as of late!

He's certainly acquired more decent PCH than any other seller on the Bay recently.

Got that right. I'm happy to have won a couple from his last batch of auctions! :)

Agreed, Gary is a top notch seller -- and he's had some really great PCH books as of late!

He's certainly acquired more decent PCH than any other seller on the Bay recently.

Got that right. I'm happy to have won a couple from his last batch of auctions! :)

I've won a few. My money would've gone a lot further several years ago. lol

And Gary, who's been around forever, is top draw.

It seems, if memory serves correct, that there was a low grade on EBay a few months ago that vanished the last day of it's auction. I wonder what happened to that one?

Probably an established eBay seller made an offer outside of the auction and it was accepted.

I've won a few. My money would've gone a lot further several years ago. lol

And Gary, who's been around forever, is top draw.

True enough! :-)

This is one PCH book I'm glad I'm not interested in.

I know several collectors that own copies and although maybe difficult to find it seems to show up regular enough if you are willing to part with the cash.

To me it's a decent enough cover from the era but nothing really classic about it.

It's always fun to see what it goes for when listed but I just can't get into wanting to own another copy.

So is this book that scarce or another case of copies being locked up in collections without many sellers?

This is one PCH book I'm glad I'm not interested in.

I know several collectors that own copies and although maybe difficult to find it seems to show up regular enough if you are willing to part with the cash.

To me it's a decent enough cover from the era but nothing really classic about it.

It's always fun to see what it goes for when listed but I just can't get into wanting to own another copy.

So is this book that scarce or another case of copies being locked up in collections without many sellers?

I have the same feelings regarding Mystic #18 -- that book does little for me. Wouldn't mind having it put not going to pay the "classic Atlas" premium for it -- I think other Everett covers are more deserving, yet go underappreciated, relatively.

As for TMIH #3, I doubt too very many copies of it exist with cover intact, let alone high grade -- the cover paper stock used for that month's covers by Fawcett was horrible in quality, and with a high degree of splitting/spoilage practically since new. If you want to be amazed, ask board member sartre to post his highgrade copy! :)

I have most of the TMIH issues, but #3 has always eluded me. It very rarely appears on eBay, and I'm talking going back 18 years, when I joined. Not just high grade copies either...Any grade.

As discussed elsewhere, this book is one of the Fawcett issues that suffered from back paper stock that makes the cover split at the spine so few survived in good condition. As the copy offered currently on eBay, the cover is always at least partially split or mostly split and in most cases completely detached so that makes the book really hard to find...

Ah, Man From Planet X syndrome.

As discussed elsewhere, this book is one of the Fawcett issues that suffered from back paper stock that makes the cover split at the spine so few survived in good condition. As the copy offered currently on eBay, the cover is always at least partially split or mostly split and in most cases completely detached so that makes the book really hard to find...

Yep also hard to find. Alas, mine has a taped spine...

commanfromplanetx_zpsr6077xbg.jpg

Yep also hard to find. Alas, mine has a taped spine...

commanfromplanetx_zpsr6077xbg.jpg

Mine has a reinforced spine - almost impossible to find without spine splitting.