• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Catrick's Cornucopia is CLOSED. Thanks to everyone!

853 posts in this topic

G'mroning!

A reminder, no Early Birds today, next regularly scheduled posting late this evening for bundles and discounts (if possible) and no more new books until Saturday afternoon or evening.

Good afternoon!

No action tonight, sorry. The hotel "business center" has one lonesome computer, and it is

S.........L.......O.....W

So, I'll see you all tomorrow afternoon with the last batch of new books for the thread.

You all might as well start pickin' the carcass, and sending me PM's with lowballs. The worst that could happen is that I laugh at you and post your insulting low offer in the thread, lol

I'll check back in this evening after dinner to see if anyone has done any pickin'.

Captain Marvel Adventures 99

Mighty nice copy, BUT! Staples are offset a quarter inch into the FC, very light water spot LH FC, bit of general wear. Tight spine and CF, flat, clean, square, bone white pages.

I want $40 for this little beauty.

slFvsMT.jpg

Hopefully, this spoils someone's lowball... :devil:

:takeit:

Man, I just woke up with a YUUUGE hangover from drinking all Rick's scotch. You just thought I wasn't posting because Baz beat me to everything I wanted, but no. Now, I see there are no books tonight. My headache just got worse. Oh well, I guess I will recover by Sunday (or tomorrow for Sky's sale).

Captain Marvel Adventures 99 is SOLD!

Thanks Fine!

Home today without attending the auction.

The one I was looking at was the one that was posted in the Golden Age threads a few days ago.

Turns out it was a Heritage-style auction, and everything I was interested in has already passed my best bid. Sigh....

But Golden, if Shabby, wings are beating on the horizon, Lunatic Lowgrade Guy has been in touch, he has more trashy books for me to peruse! HUZZAH!

Now let's see what's happening under that flashing envelope up at the top of the screen.

Man, I just woke up with a YUUUGE hangover from drinking all Rick's scotch. You just thought I wasn't posting because Baz beat me to everything I wanted, but no. Now, I see there are no books tonight. My headache just got worse. Oh well, I guess I will recover by Sunday (or tomorrow for Sky's sale).

(Pats Shrevvy on shoulder, hands him three Ibuprofen and a hair of the dog, about two ouncesworth)

Black Magic V7#4

Strange Worlds 4

Young Men 10

Underworld 6

are all SOLD! via PM!

Thanks!

So what do you say, gang?

Should I spend a couple hours today putting up a few more books?

Where can I go find a low grade lunatic guy at?

Well, first you make acquaintance with as many lunatic YOUNG guys as you can, then you live a long time, lol

Where can I go find a low grade lunatic guy at?

Well, first you make acquaintance with as many lunatic YOUNG guys as you can, then you live a long time, lol

All the young guys I know just collect stuff I've never heard of with very shiny covers and a whole book with maybe three words and some mood setting. Blah.

Man, I hope Robot's not lurkin', I found a couple more Katy Keenes!

Katy Keene 43

Mighty pretty copy. Flat, clean, square, glossy, tight spine and CF, Bone white pages. Interior is untouched, all paper dolls intact. Just a touch of general wear, otherwise a beauty.

Asking $80

AmznkMz.jpg

Tailspin nn, 1944

L B Cole cover on a rough copy.

Displays nicely enough, but cover is loose, lower spine is split halfway up, corner off lower RH BC, and below the missing corner is a modest critter chew, starts on last leaf, diminishing to nothing at the CF. Doesn't quite touch the art.

O'street G is $32, take it for $15 SOLD!

gVKhq2l.jpg

Tailspin nn, 1944

L B Cole cover on a rough copy.

Displays nicely enough, but cover is loose, lower spine is split halfway up, corner off lower RH BC, and below the missing corner is a modest critter chew, starts on last leaf, diminishing to nothing at the CF. Doesn't quite touch the art.

O'street G is $32, take it for $15

gVKhq2l.jpg

:takeit:

Katy Keene Annual 6

Flat and square, clean, white pages. Bit of minor general wear, and there is a light water stain lower edgre FC and BC. May not be visible in scan. No staining on interior.

Nice copy, if the light stain doesn't bother you.

$50 takes it

gWfprlC.jpg

Let's see if we can tease Baz out of lurk mode.

The Story Of Money

Miscut a bit top to bottom, , that white stripe along the bottom is matched by one along the bottom of the otherwise all green BC.

Asking $5 SOLD!

d7mZA8a.jpg

X-Men 62

Classic Neal Adams issue, this one has a sub crease, otherwise great, glossy, tight, white pages.

Grab it for $20

O5Y8WQE.jpg

Top Love Stories 16

L B Cole cover, this copy looks nice but has a small corner off lower LH BC, and a 2" tear LH BC. Good gloss, some general wear, tight with white pages.

$15 takes it SOLD!

YvHmG3w.jpg