• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ALL I DO IS WIN! Post your eBay wins here
9 9

1,051 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Got this one for $34. Waiting for the comments to this in Comics General :grin:

xH4bDXYl.jpg

I see where a copy sold for $81 the day before yours and for $137.50 a few days after.  It doesn't look like the seller had a typo in the name - why do you think your copy went so cheap?

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

I see where a copy sold for $81 the day before yours and for $137.50 a few days after.  It doesn't look like the seller had a typo in the name - why do you think your copy went so cheap?

Because they ended it on a Saturday night.

2 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Personally I think both are horrible nights. I would pick any other day of the week over those.

Definetely but it's just strange a Friday auction ended at $81 and then the next day $36.  Maybe back to back auctions had some buyer fatigue.

Interesting topic. Do you guys really think it has to do with a day of the week? While I know some days are slower than others, I never found one specific day (like a Friday or Saturday as you specified) to be slower than others. Sometimes I'd have great Fridays, sometimes sundays... etc etc

17 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Interesting topic. Do you guys really think it has to do with a day of the week? While I know some days are slower than others, I never found one specific day (like a Friday or Saturday as you specified) to be slower than others. Sometimes I'd have great Fridays, sometimes sundays... etc etc

In terms of auctions I do terrible all days of the week so I can't comment but the general consensus is Sunday is the best followed by Mon-Thursday and Friday/Saturday are next which is followed by pretty much every holiday and days of special meaning.  I do find sales jump up on Friday and Saturday but that is for BINS and may be due t people getting paid. 

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

In terms of auctions I do terrible all days of the week so I can't comment but the general consensus is Sunday is the best followed by Mon-Thursday and Friday/Saturday are next which is followed by pretty much every holiday and days of special meaning.  I do find sales jump up on Friday and Saturday but that is for BINS and may be due t people getting paid. 

Just got paid plus maybe a few drinks to throw off judgement\loosen the purse strings. :tink:

1 hour ago, Sdmeyer11 said:
2 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Just got paid plus maybe a few drinks to throw off judgement\loosen the purse strings. :tink:

I've certainly "won" a lot of stuff while intoxicated.  However, it is pretty much a 7-day-a-week affair.

1 hour ago, lizards2 said:

I've certainly "won" a lot of stuff while intoxicated.  However, it is pretty much a 7-day-a-week affair.

Oh Bourbon.

ttps://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylt=A0LEVi_fjXxa2UYA9oAnnIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTByMjB0aG5zBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--?p=Oh+Bourbon+Bob's+Burgers&fr=yhs-mozilla-002&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-002#id=1&vid=b80434edea99cf02331f028252765dbd&action=view

17 minutes ago, the blob said:

Oh Bourbon.

ttps://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylt=A0LEVi_fjXxa2UYA9oAnnIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTByMjB0aG5zBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--?p=Oh+Bourbon+Bob's+Burgers&fr=yhs-mozilla-002&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-002#id=1&vid=b80434edea99cf02331f028252765dbd&action=view

You may have to go back to linking school...., :baiting: 

5 hours ago, 1Cool said:

So pretty much any day of the week lol

I mainly do BINs too. And theres no day of the week I can say which is stronger, its more of a seasonal thing, one month will be slow then boom i get an avalanche of sales. I always think that eBay has a system where they move around certain sellers visibility and thats when you get the most sales. i know, weird, but it almost seems that way at times

18 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

So pretty much any day of the week lol

I mainly do BINs too. And theres no day of the week I can say which is stronger, its more of a seasonal thing, one month will be slow then boom i get an avalanche of sales. I always think that eBay has a system where they move around certain sellers visibility and thats when you get the most sales. i know, weird, but it almost seems that way at times

I tend to think of it as "when would I be watching an auction?". Typically that's going to be Sunday - Wednesday night. Now people with kids to watch, that could be any night. But, typically people go out on Friday and Saturday, so they are not looking at eBay.

Also, I usually time things to end between 10-11 Eastern. So someone on the East can get a last bid in and someone on the West will probably be off of work.

Edited by ygogolak