• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

guess the grade; Fantastic Four #1

68 posts in this topic

I know. I use Photoshop to resize my scans. I don't use the other functions such as making BIG CREASES disappear, like a seller we dare not name. insane.gif

Don't pick on Blazing Bob like that. His behavior is no excuse. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Blazing Bob: "No more books for you, FFB!"

I know. I use Photoshop to resize my scans. I don't use the other functions such as making BIG CREASES disappear, like a seller we dare not name. insane.gif

Don't pick on Blazing Bob like that. His behavior is no excuse. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Blazing Bob: "No more books for you, FFB!"

I just bought a Spidey #28 VF/VF+ from him. confused-smiley-013.gif

Which reminds me -- I need to call him and pay for it. blush.gif

i guess that i don't Pump up the volume sufficiently when scanning my books. and many of my books really do kick .

i'm looking for that look that adamstrange gets on his pre-hero marvels and other 10 centers - they just ROCK....... thumbsup2.gif and i mean that in the best of ways.........

I've noticed the same thing. The quality of Adam's scans surpasses anyone else's. I guess it starts from the fact that he's scanning a raw book, so no layer of plastic between the book and the scanner. And the gloss of his books is undoubtedly exceptional. But beyond that, I don't know how he's able to get such vivid images in a scan that fits the Board's 150kb limit.

You can just monkey with the contrast in any photoediting software. It really makes the reds and yellows POP.

Well, he's really good with it then, because usually when you crank up the contrast or play with the colors, it's easy to end up with a day-glo phosphorescent unnatural look. Adam's books, on the other hand, still look natural and "warm", even though they're extremely vivid and have a very high-res appearance.

Ahh, if I had any technical talent I'd be able to ditch this chump change job and be making some real money!

i guess that i don't Pump up the volume sufficiently when scanning my books. and many of my books really do kick .

i'm looking for that look that adamstrange gets on his pre-hero marvels and other 10 centers - they just ROCK....... thumbsup2.gif and i mean that in the best of ways.........

I've noticed the same thing. The quality of Adam's scans surpasses anyone else's. I guess it starts from the fact that he's scanning a raw book, so no layer of plastic between the book and the scanner. And the gloss of his books is undoubtedly exceptional. But beyond that, I don't know how he's able to get such vivid images in a scan that fits the Board's 150kb limit.

You can just monkey with the contrast in any photoediting software. It really makes the reds and yellows POP.

Well, he's really good with it then, because usually when you crank up the contrast or play with the colors, it's easy to end up with a day-glo phosphorescent unnatural look. Adam's books, on the other hand, still look natural and "warm", even though they're extremely vivid and have a very high-res appearance.

Ahh, if I had any technical talent I'd be able to ditch this chump change job and be making some real money!

You have one comic book that is probably worth more than my entire collection. My heart bleeds for you. 893censored-thumb.gif

You have one comic book that is probably worth more than my entire collection. My heart bleeds for you. 893censored-thumb.gif

Yes, but to put it all into perspective, at current elementary school tuition rates here in HK, if I sold it for what I paid for it, the proceeds would pay for my daughter's schooling for a grand total of 3.5 years. If you're wondering why I seem to be in a bad mood today, it's because I just had to write a check for the upcoming fall semester... for kindergarten. Christo_pull_hair.gif

don't go all sensitive on me, Scott. 893naughty-thumb.gifpoke2.gif

don't go all sensitive on me, Scott. 893naughty-thumb.gifpoke2.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif I love it when Scott's stuck at work late and Tim's bored at work. 893applaud-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif I love it when Scott's stuck at work late and Tim's bored at work. 893applaud-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gifBoy, you really boiled it all down to the heart of the matter! 27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gif But in addition to "bored", don't forget "irritable" (today, at least).