• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

guess the grade; Fantastic Four #1

68 posts in this topic

here are decent scans front and back.

Grader's notes;

1. thin 2 inch corner crease LRC FC.

2. small stain left side FC.

3. corner crease lower left BC (does not break color)

4. small chip top of spine.

5. light stain top of back cover.

other than the small chip top of spine, most of the other grader's note defects cannot be readily seen in a scan. also note a rough area (almost like a tape pull) on the URC BC (hard to see since it's in the white area).

i will post a scan of three walk-thru books over the next 3 days for you to try and guess the CGC grade. answers to be posted day after pics........

1111701238561_1112645683309_FF_s_012.jpg

1111599759632_FF_s_013.jpg

I'm going with a 7.0 (with leanings towards a 6.5 but I can't see the stains/rough area). Nice book, and I really like the fact that there's no translucency on the cover! 893applaud-thumb.gif

7.5 The staining might drag it a bit, but the structure is great and the surface wear looks to be mininal. I might be giving it the hail.gif its an FF1 bump but I still think its in the VF range rather than in the fine range - absolutely.

Harry,

Just a little too much wear along the spine to put your book in the VF range; using your notes, I'm going to say a very nice . . .

6.0 FN sumo.gif or perhaps a 6.5 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I would agree with D, but only because of the grader's notes. It's a nice looking book. Not to sound like a broken record, but takeit.gif.

My feeling you are having us grade it was because you are disappointed with the grade, no? I think you thought it was a 7.0 from what I remember. I love the fact that the book has no marvel chipping to speak of.

Something does not look quite right about the book.

Restored?

Possibly cleaned and pressed.

27_laughing.gif It's one of Harry's original owner books that he bought from Sid's Luncheonette. It's not cleaned and pressed. NICE TRY THOUGH. makepoint.gif

What you are seeing is more likely just some slight color fading from UV exposure over the years.

Nice book, and I really like the fact that there's no translucency on the cover! 893applaud-thumb.gif

It does make them much more attractive when the cover is opaque.

thumbsup2.gif