• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seriously? Is Batman 121 sought after THIS much?

10 posts in this topic

That's no "rag." That's a well-loved, 55-year-old book that's in high demand and tougher to find. Affordable in this grade. My guess is it will close at $300. Especially with Mr. freeze making his really cool debut on Gotham.

I've always found that Batmans start to get common starting with issues in the 140's. Before that, you may see the same ragged or split copy floating around for a while, but they're not easy to track down. Add in demand from key collectors, and I'm surprised the prices didn't spike a long time ago.

of course, in this one he is actually called mr. freeze:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blackhawk-117-October-1957-G-Mr-Freeze-/361246852414?hash=item541bfd853e:g:rQgAAOSwBLlVC3ml

still not worth anything. i remember when batman 3 was coming out my shop guy got me to buy a copy of blackhawk 117 because it was sure to take off

Yeah this was on fire even before Gotham. Although it looks like this particular book may have literally been on fire... hm

This book has been on fire for some time. However, most key GA, SA, and BA Bat books. I mean look how Bat 181 is fairing these days. (shrug)